Got two concrete saws today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupedoggy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Not really chain saws but they do share some parts. These are two ts350 saws. I think they share some of the same parts with the 056. Maybe the ignitions. I check both saws for ignition and they both make spark. These are parts saws or make one out of two type deal. The starters look like 08s. Am I correct on the ignitions? I know the ignitions are hard to find on the 056.

Same as 08S?
Lots of concrete saws wear fast in other regions from the environment they work in rather than the ignition systems.
Not bad saws actually, I picked up a near new one last summer from the original owner that cut just one concrete paver with it when building his wife a raised flower garden. I added the water hose connection to water the blade and have cut several pieces of stone for wall building.

Not really chain saws but they do share some parts. These are two ts350 saws. I think they share some of the same parts with the 056. Maybe the ignitions. I check both saws for ignition and they both make spark. These are parts saws or make one out of two type deal. The starters look like 08s. Am I correct on the ignitions? I know the ignitions are hard to find on the 056.
Good morning Rupe
I've worked on several TS350s over the years and have never had to replace the ignition module. If I were you, I would tear one apart. After removing the carburetor, check the cylinder and piston. You will probably find lots of scoring as the filter system on the TS350 leaves a lot to be desired. A really bad filter system, in my opinion, considering the environment they are used in. JMHO :cool: OT

They are all bad filter systems when no one cleans or replaces filters.
Definitely tear down and check crank, bearings, piston and cylinder before spending money on them.
Good morning Stihltech, I must totally agree! I think you would agree that the TS400 and TS420 have a much better filter system however. :cool: OT

To identify which version it is, does the bar mount have 2 studs with 18 or 19mm bolts and does it say TS 08, or TS350 super? The early TS350's came with a 47mm or 49mm piston. I believe the 47mm will only fit a T27 round key and not my hex socket. The ignitions are a dime a dozen, the saws aren't worth more than $50 non running and found at the scrap yards ALL THE TIME. The early TS08 may have points AND GOVERNORS. Yours will be electronic. Bearings are 203's same as GM alternators, PS pumps, Clutch pilots and most ceiling fans. While you have the carb off, pull the hose and check for collapse. Last week I had one with a bad flywheel key that tor up a flywheel. Wobble your clutch up and down to check the bearings. It is a wise investment to buy a set of OEM seals, and do the bearings to make it reliable. I find more often than not these are scrapped due to fuel issues and silly things.
If you need a part PM me, I have about 75 of these.
Other than being a few pulls more than a 400 the 350's ARE MUCH BETTER ON FUEL IMO if you are cutting brick and don't need 14" Literally bullet proof and easy to fix. Also throw a few drops of oil on the clutch needle bearing.
The TS510 was a great saw, I would prefer the TS700 over the TS800's as they tend to crack crankcases bad = no saw. To the upper left you will see our technical director doing some 400's at age 8 or 9.

The 08 was also the same as 07 and S10 other than handle options. The 2 stud TS350 can be used as a chainsaw by adding the bar and oil tank and you may see a cutout for the handguard or chain brake next to the muffler. The early pre 1973's (red) might not have an on off switch and I am looking for a few original air filter covers that are round and red not orange.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_223146.jpg
    IMG_20231010_223146.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231010_223314.jpg
    IMG_20231010_223314.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The 056 is not the same as a TS350. You are talking two different categories. The aftermarket systems are available and failing that there are lots of 045's with dead pistons around to scavenge. My offer was related to 350's.

The 056 is not the same as a TS350. You are talking two different categories. The aftermarket systems are available and failing that there are lots of 045's with dead pistons around to scavenge. My offer was related to 350's.
I know excatly what Mike is talking about. There have been some that say (right or wrong) that the ignition from a TS350 will work in a 056.

Now if you have a source of ignitions from 045's then please share.

So which one are you guys looking for? The electronic or the points?
2204 211 051 or 108 400 0810?

These are all untested from blown up saws. There are some NOS Stihl parts from a dealer I may consider selling , but the used saws are taking up real estate.

Attachments

• IMG_20231011_065832.jpg
    IMG_20231011_065832.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231011_070849.jpg
    IMG_20231011_070849.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
We covered ignition moduels years ago with froggy (@Bill G help me out here, you remember the thread.) He figured out a way to fix the bosh ignition module, the sem version that replaced it is not repairable and has a different flywheel to boot. You're better off with the points ignition. The ts 350 had one or both of the same ignition module as the 056. Can't remember exactly how it went. Last 056 I did I ended up getting a good used coil off a ts350 to fix it.

The TS 350 coil and P/N above are for the SEM coil.
We covered ignition moduels years ago with froggy (@Bill G help me out here, you remember the thread.) He figured out a way to fix the bosh ignition module, the sem version that replaced it is not repairable and has a different flywheel to boot. You're better off with the points ignition. The ts 350 had one or both of the same ignition module as the 056. Can't remember exactly how it went. Last 056 I did I ended up getting a good used coil off a ts350 to fix it.

Latest posts

Back