MS250

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting!------ so would THAT so called "easy start "crap be what my 210 has on it --- biggest joke since the invention of chainsaws!!!!!!!! Any way I can make it regular pull like all my other saws and actually use the saw??????????????

Interesting!------ so would THAT so called "easy start "crap be what my 210 has on it --- biggest joke since the invention of chainsaws!!!!!!!! Any way I can make it regular pull like all my other saws and actually use the saw??????????????
Yes, I've changed a few over to regular start. My 250 has been changed also. You just have to be careful which parts you put on it to get the spark at the right time. I've heard there was a change to the 250 in mid-year and that might need further investigation. That's kinda why I started this thread because I wasn't sure about my last changeover.

You know, these saws might be better to start if they got used often. Both my 250 and 039 hadn't been started for well over a year, maybe longer. I remember when I had a tree down in my back yard I used the 039 quite a bit and didn't have any trouble pulling it over.
If my 250 was better to start it would get used more often!

I think I have a new module for a Stihl 018, wonder if it would work. I know the flywheels don't interchange because of the location of the module but maybe the module itself might work? They appear to be alike but I know how that sometimes goes..
Agreed. No need to wonder, as the answer is right on your work bench. Go get the service manual for a model, look up the values for the applicable part/module........based on part #. Modules are common amongst several model's of a brands line of saws.

Take you 10 buck VOM Meter, and test the part. Grd., power, and feed. Its like a light bulb.......works or is burnt.

Flywheel interchangablity is still a Sthil puzzle. Good Luck!

Actually, the owner of the saw came and got it. He didn't say if he wanted it fixed or not. All he asked me to do was change it over to manual start which I did. I imagine he'll bring it back to be made running but for now I'm just getting prepared in case he does.

Back