Looking for a Stihl ms250 flywheel and coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkiWhiz

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone on here might have a flywheel and key and an ignition coil for a Stihl ms250 chainsaw. I see them listed on ebay for around $25.00 but not sure if they are any good or not. If possible please respond with price to me by email as I check my email frequently. My email address is [email protected]
Thanks! Steve

I say take the chance and buy one. For that price you could have a fine saw that runs well. It's worth the gamble in my book. I just restored an 025 that runs like a bandit. BTW, is the saw missing both of these major parts? Seems odd.
Thank you. It' is someone that works with my wife saw. He put a new carburetor on it and couldn't get it running. I'm checking it out for him, I adjusted the carb., put a new spark plug in it etc with no luck. I put a little fuel mix in the cylinder and I can not even get a pop out of it. My thought is that it might be the flywheel/ignition coil, it does have spark but not sure if it is a strong enough spark. Forgot to mention that it does have compression. Has me puzzled first 2 cycle engine that I couldn't get to at least try to start.

Thank you. It' is someone that works with my wife saw. He put a new carburetor on it and couldn't get it running. I'm checking it out for him, I adjusted the carb., put a new spark plug in it etc with no luck. I put a little fuel mix in the cylinder and I can not even get a pop out of it. My thought is that it might be the flywheel/ignition coil, it does have spark but not sure if it is a strong enough spark. Forgot to mention that it does have compression. Has me puzzled first 2 cycle engine that I couldn't get to at least try to start.
Before you start dumping money into stuff remove the muffler and post photos of the piston through the exhaust port. Flywheels and coils rarely fail.

I have x3 of that model saw .I keep one on all the mower trailers in case the guys need to trim a tree during the day. I had a coil go bad on x1 of the saws last year. Get a coil if it has no spark .The aftermarket coils on line are ok to use, thats what i used.Hope this helps

Back