Ms 880 coil and flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihladdictt

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I recently built a ms 880 all stihl oem parts it is an older 880 so it has the 3 hole ignition and cast iron muffler I was wondering can I run the newer aluminum flywheel instead of the poly also where can I find a 3 hole ignition coil my dealer is telling me they are rare and hard to come by is there a ignition coil I can use that matches I already have the aluminum 880 flywheel also does it have the same timing as the poly or should I purchase a poly flywheel ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I recently built a ms 880 all stihl oem parts it is an older 880 so it has the 3 hole ignition and cast iron muffler I was wondering can I run the newer aluminum flywheel instead of the poly also where can I find a 3 hole ignition coil my dealer is telling me they are rare and hard to come by is there a ignition coil I can use that matches I already have the aluminum 880 flywheel also does it have the same timing as the poly or should I purchase a poly flywheel ?
There's info on this here and there on a bunch of 880 coil and flywheel threads in the past. But at a glance, poly and aluminum flywheels not compatible, different timing. They changed pretty much everything apparently, not a lot compatible. Sounds like the 361 and 441 coils were only a match for the later 880, I think the early poly one could only take an 088 coil. That's likely why the dealer says they're rare and hard to come by.

Latest posts

Back