Massachusetts Intern Work?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Certifications

So I called my local community collage (MWCC) and asked about possibly taking a Arborism course/class or test. They have nothing, what do I have to do to become an Arborist? How close can it be done? I've chosen this is what I want to do, I look at trees constantly and people think I'm loosing it. I want in

Umass amherst. stockbridge school of agriculture. Tree Care industry Has a home study course as wellhttp://www.tcia.org/Public/product_home_study_programs.htm

On the job traning was the best for me though. I went to Paul Smith's college in NY but I learn better by doing

Umass amherst. stockbridge school of agriculture. Tree Care industry Has a home study course as wellhttp://www.tcia.org/Public/product_home_study_programs.htm

On the job traning was the best for me though. I went to Paul Smith's college in NY but I learn better by doing

Thanks I will look into those. How long did it take you and is it costly? My dad works for a professional landscaping company and thought he could make more if he had this under his belt so hes going to take it with me, this should be fun.. me and the pops in a school never thought I'd see the day.

Last edited:
Last edited:
It has been a while since I became a certified arborist Schooling and It is either 2 or 4 yrs of work exoerience required to take test. But not 100 perenct sure

If you read the application I sent you it explains. It basically ask what company or comapnies you work for and how long you have worked for the.

So I called StockBridge's admissions office and spoke with someone for about a half an hour. Turns out I would need to attend my local community collage to better my basics and take my English 101 and those baseline classes, then transfer my scores over to StockBridge because they do not offer any help in those areas and I only have a GED. I also need to take my SAT's or ACT's before I can go to StockBridge. This is allot of work just to be able to attend a school that I might not succeed in. :(

Back