• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mastermind 660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Abominable Snowman

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Stihl 660, fully rebuilt by Mastermind

I purchased the saw in 2016 for milling. Like some of the other big saws I'm seeing for sale here, I'm selling due to lack of use. Since 2016, I've milled 1 1/2 trees (one birch, one soft maple), plus maybe 3 hours of firewood work. Approximately a dozen tanks of gas, always 32:1 with non-ethanol gas. Tach kept below 12000 rpm. In other words, I babied it.

History:
+ Purchased in 2016 from RedBull660, at which point it had recently come back from MM. RedBull660 also rebuilt the lower end (seals, bearings, etc). Prior to shipping it to me, RedBull660 also did extensive testing with various muff configurations to find the best speed / cylinder temperature combination. The saw comes with the best muff, per his testing. Stock muff also included.
+ 2016 - today: Occasional light use as described above. Emptied of gas for long storage periods.

Asking $800 plus shipping, PP f&f preferred.

36" tsumura bar also available - separate post.

IMG_3196.JPG IMG_3198.JPG

Latest posts

Back