Mastermind is frozen in....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Randy, I am glad you got the electric back. I tried calling your number a couple of days ago, but could not get thur. I have a Honda EU2000 generator I was going to drive down and let you borrow to get you thur the icing conditions.
Sorry we could not hook up. At least you now have the electric back on. Stay safe my friend.

Jack

One of the major companies was doing that all around here this summer - I was amazed at the butchery. They took a 150yo oak out at my dad's place without asking, and it was on the other side of the road from the lines. Then they left a bunch of half dead ashes hanging over the line, and took most of the oak. They left only the main trunk that was wrapped by a 6" poison ivy vine and tied up in a support cable they dropped it on. It was tricky to cut up on that cable.

In watching what they left on local roads, they didn't even trim off branches properly so the trees could heal - they often hacked off large branches a foot or two from the trunk and left it.
When you're talking about crude and mass removal, there isn't enough true arborist's to fill that need. Same storm that got Hinerman got us.. 15 days without power and an electric coop with crews that were dead men walking.. That summer following, saw a lot of contractors just wiping out trees at all cost. 40' either side of the power lines. They couldn't have a repeat of that mess.. It was real ugly..

I'm just glad we have power now. Maybe we can get some rest. We've got some older folks around us that needed a lot of attention during all this. My little wife fed three families hot meals everyday she cooked on the wood stove. Thank goodness I married a country girl.

I'm just glad we have power now. Maybe we can get some rest. We've got some older folks around us that needed a lot of attention during all this. My little wife fed three families hot meals everyday she cooked on the wood stove. Thank goodness I married a country girl.
Thats what I am talkin about!! You are livin the good life man!!

lol, shoulda known y'all would be helping out folks.......good on y'all.

Latest posts

Back