Mastermind Meets a Brand New MS460

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
his 12.75

yours 12.5

husky 20.5 these are approximate only

That's about the way Jon and I timed them earlier. I'm real happy about the way Jason's saw turned out. I just hope he likes it. :)

I'm working on a nearly new 440 right now. I cut the squish band in it too.

That's about the way Jon and I timed them earlier. I'm real happy about the way Jason's saw turned out. I just hope he likes it. :)

I'm working on a nearly new 440 right now. I cut the squish band in it too.

if some one send's you a 441 cm i'll be watching that like a hawk :cheers:

if some one send's you a 441 cm i'll be watching that like a hawk :cheers:

:)

Tracking number:
Expected Delivery By:
February 22, 2012

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility
February 17, 2012, 7:54 pm
JERSEY CITY, NJ 07097

Dispatched to Sort Facility
February 16, 2012, 5:01 pm
HAWLEYVILLE, CT 06440

Acceptance
February 16, 2012, 10:53 am
HAWLEYVILLE, CT 06440

Last edited:
So, what's your favorite saw to mod at this point? I'm still partial to the 460, although I love the 346, 372, and 385/390.

The 562XP is my favorite at this point. With a nip here and a snip there they become really surprising saws.

The Stihls are next.

The 562XP is my favorite at this point. With a nip here and a snip there they become really surprising saws.

The Stihls are next.

I'm surprised. I just turned down modding one. I actually sent him your way:) In the past, I always jumped at messing around with a new model. I just don't have that kind of time anymore.

I'm surprised. I just turned down modding one. I actually sent him your way:) In the past, I always jumped at messing around with a new model. I just don't have that kind of time anymore.

I done two so far with the second being a little hotter. They have such a large amount of intake area available that very little is needed on the side. The base gasket is .030 thick and the squish is good with the gasket installed. By pulling the gasket and doing a popup the intake and strato timing is very close to where you want it. A little blending on the transfers and intake tracts.....raise and widen the exhaust and WOW. :laugh:

CAD's a beautiful thing. Yesterday I got a new 36" Stihl Light bar, and tomorrow I get a 32" Tsumura light bar:)

Would this be to replace the 32" you bent during your incident? Wicked video by the way, glad you made it out with your brain still intact...

Would this be to replace the 32" you bent during your incident? Wicked video by the way, glad you made it out with your brain still intact...

Allegedly...............................Just funnin' ya' Brad. That looked really scary, and I'm glad you are here to tell us what you should have done.

Randy I'm surprised my MS 390 doesn't get more consideration for your favorite saw you've ported.......LOL!!!! That thread was at least 29 pages.

I got to run that Husky 261.99 you fixed up.........Man that saw is crazy for 61cc's.........Thanks for the great job.

So, what's your favorite saw to mod at this point? I'm still partial to the 460, although I love the 346, 372, and 385/390.

You know inside that you really are a Husky guy, right? I now pronounce you............ converted.:D

I'm so covered up with work that I can't do anything much at the moment. We did get to get in the sweatlodge this evening though. I needed a good sweat.

Michael are you coming up one day this week? I'll have some of the oak we came saw up.... :)

Randy I plan on it. Whatever day is best for you. I think Paul is going to cut a little on monday so I hope to go up there and run the 555 beside a 562. I would think wednesday or so would be about when I'll be ready to head that way.

If you like it man, I like it.

I like it a lot!!!

Allegedly...............................Just funnin' ya' Brad. That looked really scary, and I'm glad you are here to tell us what you should have done.

Randy I'm surprised my MS 390 doesn't get more consideration for your favorite saw you've ported.......LOL!!!! That thread was at least 29 pages.

I got to run that Husky 261.99 you fixed up.........Man that saw is crazy for 61cc's.........Thanks for the great job.

The saw was in very good shape Jon. You did good picking that one up from atvguns...:msp_thumbup:

You know inside that you really are a Husky guy, right? I now pronounce you............ converted.:D

I have to be very careful myself. The quad port transfers in some Huskys make for a damn strong running saw.........easy to start drinking the orange kool-aid. :msp_sneaky:

Randy I plan on it. Whatever day is best for you. I think Paul is going to cut a little on monday so I hope to go up there and run the 555 beside a 562. I would think wednesday or so would be about when I'll be ready to head that way.

That sounds good to me. I just hope you realize that I live in BFE......ain't no Starbucks around here. :cool2:

Back