Mastermind Meets The Dolmar PS-6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Reed valved stratification port might really turn out to be something!

Great saw, sweet deal.

Good to see its business as usual and Randy is keeping the 'interesting' factor alive around here. He always does detailed interesting builds and answers everyones questions as best he can. Thanx 4 choosing another model that l'm sure will we would all like to know a little more about.

Very interesting - real curious how the reed valve strato port works out, and what the stock timing numbers look like.

I'm betting it has a very short duration on the normal intake.

Right you would be Chris.

These are opening points, measured from TDC....

Ex: 105.5°
In: 71°
Tr: 130°

That gives them almost 60deg of case compression angle, assuming the reed valves have closed the strato ports before the normal intake port closes. What is the opening angle of the strato port (ignoring the reed valve)?

That gives them almost 60deg of case compression angle, assuming the reed valves have closed the strato ports before the normal intake port closes. What is the opening angle of the strato port (ignoring the reed valve)?

The stratos have no opening point because of the reed valves. They use the upper transfers only.

As always your build threads are great!
I bet it is nice to work on a new CLEAN saw!
:)

It is a fine thing........but it ain't always this way. :laugh:

I'm putting this thing back together with no mods at all. I wanna run it a little more. This design has me wondering if the muffler creates a scavenging effect and pulls the stratos open....if I gut the muffler will it kill the stratos??????

The stratos have no opening point because of the reed valves. They use the upper transfers only.
I see it now - I thought they were still gated by a piston port but with the reeds added on, but they are entirely reed controlled.

Reed-valved stratos are cool n' stuff, but did you guys check out the awesome stamped chain direction indicator???!!! God how I wish all my saws had that!

I see it now - I thought they were still gated by a piston port but with the reeds added on, but they are entirely reed controlled.
OK, so the strato pathway is controlled exclusively by a shared linkage with the throttle, and the reed valves keep the port closed the rest of the time? The when the strato path is open, the air is sucked into the upper transfers and mixes with the "mix" coming up thru the case via the lower transfers? Is my brain on track with this? Thanks

Latest posts

Back