Mastermind Meets The Echo CS-355T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No disrespect intended , the Echo looks to be a good saw .
200t is obviously a great saw .
After seeing the video's , I'm feeling really good about how my mm'd 338xpt cuts . :clap:
I'm running it a tad rich at 14,200 , it seems a little torqeier than the echo looks , but then again , we're splitting hairs ......

i think i am going back to echo after seeing this:msp_rolleyes::msp_rolleyes::msp_rolleyes:

Nicely done thread sir! Thank you for your efforts. Takes some courage to present certain topics to a highly critical and brand loyal crowd.

I just recently started my exploration of the Echo th's. I certainly like what I see from your thread. In actual use in the air, I have been favorably impressed.

I too await the mystical (mythical?) new Swedish arborist's saw.

Nicely done thread sir! Thank you for your efforts. Takes some courage to present certain topics to a highly critical and brand loyal crowd.

I just recently started my exploration of the Echo th's. I certainly like what I see from your thread. In actual use in the air, I have been favorably impressed.

I too await the mystical (mythical?) new Swedish arborist's saw.

I've got a bunch of guys wanting to see the inside of the 540........

I wanna see how this Echo pulls after say 20 tanks.

Question because I'm too lazy to research this question but is there any CC difference between the Echo Echo Echo and the Steal?

E=35.8
S=35.2

Not much

ha! For the loot I have in it (20 bucks), and looking at the vids, my s25cva green brick still looks good!

Uh, so a guy can have some money to pay to have the echo ported? Not sure a guy would even come out ahead on the deal. Stihl is still the only option for a mag cased saw as well.

I really really wish we were talking about the T540XP when comparing this echo. Oh well. One day. Or not....

What I have read is that the Stihl TH are going for way over one grand, so that would make the purchase of three Echos unmodified or two modified ones a viable option.

mmwwaaahahah TOTALLY unimpressed, the backyard boys are sitting here trying to match the echo as equal or better than the real-deal saws, tellin ya, despite the far-removed-from-the-real-world cookie cutter vids and the clueless clueless backyard crowd like hddnis and co praising what they see on screen, no amount of fiddling the engine will make that 360T clone a better day in day out work saw than the proper pro-husky and stihl alternatives, the echo is overweight, unbalanced and bulky, the ergonomics are crap, the echo bars are as soft as cheese with it, run the echo for a whole day then jump on a 200T for comparison, ha! BIG DIFFERENCE! tellin' ya for a serious pro-user the echo is a cow and always will be, don't be suckered by the echo hype-machine, the echos are just a mediocre product at their very best. NOTHING has changed

mmwwaaahahah TOTALLY unimpressed, the backyard boys are sitting here trying to match the echo as equal or better than the real-deal saws, tellin ya, despite the far-removed-from-the-real-world cookie cutter vids and the clueless clueless backyard crowd like hddnis and co praising what they see on screen, no amount of fiddling the engine will make that 360T clone a better day in day out work saw than the proper pro-husky and stihl alternatives, the echo is overweight, unbalanced and bulky, the ergonomics are crap, the echo bars are as soft as cheese with it, run the echo for a whole day then jump on a 200T for comparison, ha! BIG DIFFERENCE! tellin' ya for a serious pro-user the echo is a cow and always will be, don't be suckered by the echo hype-machine, the echos are just a mediocre product at their very best. NOTHING has changed

"I have a potty mouth" Seriously.

What I have read is that the Stihl TH are going for way over one grand, so that would make the purchase of three Echos unmodified or two modified ones a viable option.

Or buy just one and keep the change.

I really enjoyed this very thorough and informative write up. I dont know a$$ about chainsaws but I have had my hands in more than a few hundred different pieces of lawn equipment (trimmers/bp blowers/hand held blowers/mowers) so small engines arent unfamiliar. I have always been a fan of the Echo offerings. At least in the lawn equipment area they make light weight, reasonably powerful, efficient and IMO very easy to work on pieces.

I would love to find a nice beat up Echo saw and take it apart trying to find ways to make it more efficient/powerful.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Back