Mastermind Meets The Jonsered 2095

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get a feeling that we are not "speaking" about the same saw - but there never was a Jonsered 475.:confused:

There was a 455 though - totally different story......

I've got both, a PP475 and a PP455. Yes they are totally different saws but they are both very good saws. These two won't take a back seat to any pro saw of the same size.

Sorry MasterMoobs, carry on with another great build.

Something to strive for and drool over. Got the wrap, spikes, and decal for the 2095 a couple weeks ago.

Your poor 2095 deserves to be rescued.

Chris B.

attachment.php

1 gasket
1 heat isolator

When you go back in to reduce the compression put the heat isolator back in place or get some thinner material and cut one. Usually the piston would bang the cylinder with both removed but be workable with the isolator sealed up. Gas boiling machines if it gets hot out.

As far as condition goes most that I see look like that. I typically try to get a couple before doing a rebuild on one. They were an easy saw to knock parts of the case off of.

Hmmmm, 2095s always a good project.

I think i have better success by always leaving exhaust height where it is and just widening it.
Raising transfers on a taper to keep velocity and only lowering and blending intake without much widening.
After lowering cylinder.

Just seems like raising exhaust only helps kill my torque in the wood.

Seems like widening exhaust and raising transfers helps with rpm.

It's a shot in the dark if you aren't degreeing you saws before altering the port heights though.

I'd call it devine intervention. :D

I bet ole Randy was like WTF? When he pulled the muffler and seen those ring ends there. Thats just insane crazy stuff.

Yep that's exactly what I said. :laugh:

The saw is running and very well. Here's a few more pics.

I gave it a new impulse line, fuel line, and filter while I was at it.

jonsered2095052.jpg

jonsered2095053.jpg

jonsered2095056.jpg

Had to do a little rewiring.

jonsered2095055.jpg

The coil mounting bolt hole was stripped.

jonsered2095058.jpg

Tapped oversize to 5mm.

jonsered2095059.jpg

And back together.

jonsered2095060.jpg

jonsered2095062.jpg

This saw had the squish cut and a woods port while I had it apart...........but this thread was about a rebuild.

Very nice, Randy, very nice. It's hard to understand how someone can butcher a nice piece of equipment up so badly. But it's also refreshing to see it made right:clap:

Thanks Brad. It's not nearly as nice as one of the restorations I've seen you do put at least it's ready for work again.

The port work turned out good on it, with a short exhaust duration. It should be a torque monster. :)

Duh!

:laugh: The 475 is a Poulan Pro version of the Jonsered 2077, that is a Jonsered version of the Partner P7700 - and it was made at the Husqvarna factory, to complete the confusion.....:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Sorry it was a Johnsered 450 I was referring to.:msp_confused:

It's a shot in the dark if you aren't degreeing you saws before altering the port heights though.

Yep that's exactly what I said. :laugh:

I think changing port timing is still a shot in the dark without knowing crankcase pressures and volumes. Dont you? Even though you know we can go so far with good improvements.

Just thinkin out loud again.
Looks like this one was alot of work, it has turned out awesome though. I like these jonsereds.

Very nice Randy!!!

I tell you what...Jonsered has some che sweet felling dawgs. With the nifty holes cut in them like that...:msp_thumbsup:

I think changing port timing is still a shot in the dark without knowing crankcase pressures and volumes. Dont you? Even though you know we can go so far with good improvements.

Just thinkin out loud again.
Looks like this one was alot of work, it has turned out awesome though. I like these jonsereds.

Yeah it was a lot of work but bringing back from the edge of death is worth it. :cool2:

Some goobers are so far into it on other things that they'll do whatever it takes to keep the poor bastard running for another day's wages. I've seen it way too often. Works for a while, but then some poor goober (such as yourself) ends up with a nightmare on their bench that's been run into the dirt.

End result looks real good - Sam

If I'm ever eatin popcorn, I am just subbin in man. I assure you I am the most patient person on this forum.

Back