Mastermind Meets The MS241 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that must be the one stihl is talking about (63PS) with a 20% cutting speed improvement compared to regular .325.

Yeah it's quick mate, no doubt about it. Shaun (Imagineero) has mentioned before though that it does tend to pull a saw like the 200T down too much in the cut and I have to agree. I run Carlton N1 on the 200T and all in all I think it's faster and definately wears a lot better.
On the 241 though the 63PS3 is way faster and awesome in green, clean wood. The Picco7 rim is also basically the same diameter as an 8 tooth .325" rim so chain speed is right up there as well.
On my stock 241 it is actually faster with a 7 pin rim running .325" than an 8 pin. After Randy's mods the 8 pin will surely be a lot faster :D

so has anything build wise happened yet. 17 pages and 374 likes, sure hope at least a pic of it on his bench has been posted. i have no time to look through 16 pages of build talk. that damn chimp starts a thread early, then lets people post away until they are bord of it, then he posts the build, and lets people post away about the build until the end and somehow he ends up with a 5 star thread. i know his tricks ;)

Last edited:
Hey on another note Stihl look like they'll have some awesome deals going on the MS241C soon in Australia. $150 cash back has been mentioned plus a heavily discounted RRP.
Probably because the average consumer (like myself) couldn't justify paying a RRP of AUD$1249 (USD$1280 approx) for one.
I have no doubt that they were selling very few of these saws in Australia at that price.

Last edited:
Hey on another note Stihl look like they'll have some awesome deals going on the MS241C soon in Australia. $150 cash back has been mentioned plus a heavily discounted RRP.
Probably because the average consumer (like myself) couldn't justify paying a RRP of AUD$1249 (USD$1280 approx) for one.
I have no doubt that they were selling very few of these saws in Australia at that price.

Hopefully the price does come down to something more reasonable. If not I remember one of the UK members offering to look into buying and shipping some out...

Hopefully the price does come down to something more reasonable. If not I remember one of the UK members offering to look into buying and shipping some out...

The new price with cashback looks like it will be very close actually.

so has anything build wise happened yet. 17 pages and 374 likes, sure hope at least a pic of it on his bench has been posted. i have no time to look through 16 pages of build talk. that damn chimp starts a thread early, then lets people post away until they are bord of it, then he posts the build, and lets people post away about the build until the end and somehow he ends up with a 5 star thread. i know his tricks ;)

yeah he must moonlight for the tv networks :big_smile:

He's working on that Potato-like figure.

....on a stick.:D

6a010535781c42970c0154384da7ea970c-800wi

Stihl has a clamp on anyone but dealers owning their stuff.......hell I doubt I could even find a dealer that has that software.....

I've gotten letters from their lawyers before......the Stihl Gestapo ain't playing. :msp_wink:

What fer? Wassit somethin' to do with the innerds of the 461? Stuck Fihl...:sucks:

think my movie thingy is broked ,havent seen one of this saw yet :msp_sneaky:

Mmm 233 posts and page 17.:cool2:

I worked for Barnham & Bailey Circus for awhile......if I didn't learn anything else, I learned how to work a crowd.

:hmm3grin2orange:

I worked for Barnham & Bailey Circus for awhile......if I didn't learn anything else, I learned how to work a crowd.

:hmm3grin2orange:

The story I heard was that you were a top hand on a fishin' boat. Back then they called you "Master Baiter". :laugh:

Latest posts

Back