Mastermind Meets The MS241 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That must have been my daughter.....?

She was pleasant to talk with. Agreed to photo copy your little black book and email the finding.

Anywho, I sent you some "files" over the interweb.

She told me this one would be done tonight and the Echo tomorrow. Good to hear. :D

TL;DR :msp_wink:

She was pleasant to talk with. Agreed to photo copy your little black book and email the finding.

Anywho, I sent you some "files" over the interweb.

Cool beans man......I just got a chance to "play" with my new technology yesterday. :msp_smile:

I just got back from Nashville......my wife had to see her heart doctor. She doesn't drive anymore. (epilepsy)

The wind is blowing a storm in here......I hope it blows over without any damage. :msp_sad:

hope all is ok

burrrrrrrrp!...someone just HAD to say pecan pie, now didn't they?:confused:

As for the little Stihl, its a fat baby, but hey, it has a great air filter.:rock: It seems to weigh as much as an 026, and I know which I would rather run. My Makita DCS401 weighs 10.5# with 14" B&C. I'll have to drain one of them to see what they weigh without fluids, B&C.

At the rate the Echo is coming along, this saw should make it back to Australia by August :popcorn:

Ah well guys. Thought I'd put a few videos of my little 241 up to fill in the gaps. Great little saw these things. As I have discovered in the last week the one thing that Stihl does well is felling spikes. Husky haven't got a clue. My 550's spikes are an absolute joke. Every tree in Sweden must be 10" diameter and perfectly round. It's hard to pivot a saw on the case and I already have paint coming off and a bent muffler. The 241 doesn't have anywhere near the same grunt but is a great little saw to use.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LUtGaleuKB4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cZxqcVQYjvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is where the little buggar pays for itself. I think it's knocked over nearly 3000 trees already...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yBOdhwxnURk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This was yesterday. I need this little thing at the moment otherwise it would have already been posted to Randy along with Andrew's saw. Randy actually recommended that I send mine later on after Andrew's saw has been used as a test mule :) I'm running a 16" 3/8"LP bar at the moment and a 7 tooth Picco rim. Cuts like lightning with this combo but sadly doesn't stay sharp long...

You do get lucky sometimes though, I had a saw arrive here a few weeks ago in 5 business days... not bad at all.

Yeah occasionally one whips through Rudy.

Hey Matt is that 3/8 LP full chisel or semi? Stihl also recommends 3/8 LP over .325 for faster cutting speeds. Will have to try it some time.

Hey Matt is that 3/8 LP full chisel or semi? Stihl also recommends 3/8 LP over .325 for faster cutting speeds. Will have to try it some time.

Nah it's semi Rudy. Interestingly mate the 3/8"LP cuts so smoothly that there is really no feel to it on bigger trees. The full chisel 3/8"LP is even worse (by the way Stihl are releasing the 3/8"LP full chisel soon without the bumper links :) ).
I have had no end of trouble lining cuts up on trees larger than the bar length using low profile chain compared to .325". You just can't tell if you've cut straight through the hinge or not. The 241 and LP is awesome for limbing though, but then again so is the 200T.

Nah it's semi Rudy. Interestingly mate the 3/8"LP cuts so smoothly that there is really no feel to it on bigger trees. The full chisel 3/8"LP is even worse (by the way Stihl are releasing the 3/8"LP full chisel soon without the bumper links :) ).
I have had no end of trouble lining cuts up on trees larger than the bar length using low profile chain compared to .325". You just can't tell if you've cut straight through the hinge or not. The 241 and LP is awesome for limbing though, but then again so is the 200T.

Oh that must be the one stihl is talking about (63PS) with a 20% cutting speed improvement compared to regular .325.

Latest posts

Back