Mastermind meets the MS390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:after_boom:

Saw Troll, though you hate this series of saw with a passion, you have
to appreciate the concept at least. The idea of taking something cheap,
and not that great performing push it further and see it what it can do.

Every time someone does this it makes me think of the show Top Gear
and their attempt at making a Renault Avantime, as fast as a Mitsubishi Evo.
wwwdiariomotorcomimagenesrenault-avantime-topgear-6.jpg

Saw Troll, though you hate this series of saw with a passion, you have
to appreciate the concept at least. The idea of taking something cheap,
and not that great performing push it further and see it what it can do.

Every time someone does this it makes me think of the show Top Gear
and their attempt at making a Renault Avantime, as fast as a Mitsubishi Evo.
wwwdiariomotorcomimagenesrenault-avantime-topgear-6.jpg

Did they succeed?

That's the great thing about America. If you want to, you have the freedom to mail a perfectly functioning saw to an alcoholic with felony priors in Tennessee to have him "fix" it. God bless America.:rock:

That's the great thing about America. If you want to, you have the freedom to mail a perfectly functioning saw to an alcoholic with felony priors in Tennessee to have him "fix" it. God bless America.:rock:

With those credentials, Randy could be a honorary Texan :laugh:.

Randy, good thread :msp_thumbup:, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I would take that bet if i was a dishonest man. But full disclosure, Mastermind already pm'd me about buying my MS390 because he already destroyed Jon1212's and he fears litigation.

This is so obviously BS because everyone knows that you already killed your 390 AF when you were trying to start it with your fapping motion. You got so frustrated you left it laying in the dirt next to your trailer, and later when you were taking you windowless van out to hand out candy to small children you ran over your saw.

This is fueled by jealousy, and traumatic memories AF, The only person whoever offered to fix anything was that Tranny you jilted, and he/she tried "fixing" you with those rusty pruning shears.

Hell, pick one. Everybody that lives in Tennessee is an Alcoholic with felony priors!:bday::wave::kilt:

Yeah well everyone who lives in Baltimore is...........nahh this is way to long of a list.

Randy thanks for doing this porting for me, and I have complete confidence it will turn out great.

Wow. This thread has turned into an Off-Topic rep-a-ho session. :)

I'm a ho!!! Rep me #####es!!!! :mad:

I'm almost done with the porting on this saw. There are several things about this thing that I like. The timing numbers were fairly good from the factory, only the intake timing has been altered at all. I was able to widen the ports to 68% of the bore diameter without running into the ring ends, although the intake port had to retain the top corners to support the ring end on the lower ring.

Right now I'm researching windowing the piston. Probably not going to do it just wondering if anyone else has on this saw.

Audible Fart, if you want to get your MS390 ported.....................#### you.................get someone else to do it. :)

I'll be back later with more pics.....and stuff.

I'm almost done with the porting on this saw. There are several things about this thing that I like. The timing numbers were fairly good from the factory, only the intake timing has been altered at all. I was able to widen the ports to 68% of the bore diameter without running into the ring ends, although the intake port had to retain the top corners to support the ring end on the lower ring.

Right now I'm researching windowing the piston. Probably not going to do it just wondering if anyone else has on this saw.

Audible Fart, if you want to get your MS390 ported.....................#### you.................get someone else to do it. :)

He can ship it to me and get it Vandalized. :D

Prolly already seen it, but here's what I did to a MS290.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/176046.htm
Figured it was only fare to link my thread here, since yers is in mine.
Does that mean we got to git married now that we have entered each other???:biggrin:

Prolly already seen it, but here's what I did to a MS290.
http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/176046.htm
Figured it was only fare to link my thread here, since yers is in mine.
Does that mean we got to git married now that we have entered each other???:biggrin:

I've read it and liked the job you did on it. I didn't cut as much on this one though, the ports are thin as hell as it is and really don't want to cause it to be weakened at the exhaust flange. We'll just have to see how she runs. :)

Here's some more pics...

A terrible shot of the stock intake. I was checking to see where the ring ends are at BTC here. They would be an issue if I were to open this saw up like I normally do. You need to watch the upper corners of the intake port, if too much is removed the bottom ring end will be in the port.

attachment.php

The stock port. Little bitty feller ain't it???

attachment.php

Here I made a port map of the intake, then laid out the intended shape and size. I'll just color the area in I want to cut out and go at it.

attachment.php

Intake roughed in.

attachment.php

This is the exhaust roughed in. It's hard to get a good pic of it, and yeah it's not easy to see what you're doing that far up the jug either.

I ended up opening both ports up to 33mm in width, witch is 68% of the bore measured along the cylinder wall.

attachment.php

Here's some more pics...

A terrible shot of the stock intake. I was checking to see where the ring ends are at BTC here. They would be an issue if I were to open this saw up like I normally do. You need to watch the upper corners of the intake port, if too much is removed the bottom ring end will be in the port.

attachment.php

The stock port. Little bitty feller ain't it???

attachment.php

Here I made a port map of the intake, then laid out the intended shape and size. I'll just color the area in I want to cut out and go at it.

attachment.php

Intake roughed in.

attachment.php

This is the exhaust roughed in. It's hard to get a good pic of it, and yeah it's not easy to see what you're doing that far up the jug either.

I ended up opening both ports up to 33mm in width, witch is 68% of the bore measured along the cylinder wall.

attachment.php

Jeeze Randy, You actually DO know what your're doing:clap:

Latest posts

Back