Mastermind Meets The MS661 Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On my snowmobile I have a custom boost bottle, it's a tube that connects the intake boots, after carb and before cylinder. This will equalize pressure, but more importantly store atomized fuel mixture. Wonder if this could be used in a saw?
I have no clue. My thinking is these short stroke saws respond to advanced timing, higher velocity, and 87 octane very efficiently. Wonder what non advanced, less velocity, and higher octane will do. Seems the motor has to be built on one concept or the other?

I have no clue. My thinking is these short stroke saws respond to advanced timing, higher velocity, and 87 octane very efficiently. Wonder what non advanced, less velocity, and higher octane will do. Seems the motor has to be built on one concept or the other?
Not sure but I think you would need a shat load of compression for that to work at all

Yes. Reduced crankcase compression would be a factor but wouldnt that setup build more low end torque on bigger displacement saws?

Keith, I think it was Randy's build of your 461 where he detailed how to do the timing advance.

I run 93 octane and 40:1 oil mix. Lower octane my provide more power, but I think higher octane runs cooler, and should help your saw to last longer.

Wish someone with a heat gun would test it, as I've just heard of the testing second hand.

Any of these guys that have tried to get an insecticide shot a about 10 more feet into the canopy
by boosting the input pressure, only to have your spray stream break up as you increase the pressure, will have an idea
of how the transfer shapes will affect the the scavenging. figure your medium that's being driven through the tunnel, what's the relative pressure where it exits?
The bug spry stream breaks up from the all of that extra energy just pushing outwards. in all directions.

you can get into that stream flow conditioning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_conditioning
and help somewhat.

About Nozzle shape accuracy.
Ever tried to use a nozzle that someone dinged the end of? or reamed out with a drill bit or tip cleaner and now it sprays like a thumb over garden hose?
Or just has that little spritzy, kinda sidwies bit of liquid.
Kind of like having a tiny piece of trash in your (syphon type) paint gun.
You know how it just makes that crappy overspray off the side
and maybe a little sputtery dribble.

if it's a little worse of a bugger in the tip,then that sputzer bit almost wants to run back on the nozzle, instead.
maybe blowing a splattery, splotchy, kinda hard to get it all the cross that hood or whatever your painting.
Versious a nice smooth spray stream that you can send out in a nice predictable pattern and put it where you want it.

Now what if your goofy cousion is running the gun and doesn't belive in pouring through a filter?
And then next thing sets the gun down in the sun and He takes a lunch run
and decides to make a parts run also.

Well by time he gets back, the paint 's sorta gummed in the ol' nozzle again.
Bit too dry to pick out with a twig or matchstem.
Ahhh but here lays a little bitty nail and he thinks:
" there aint no way it's gonna hurt that old paint nozzle"

Well now the nozzle has sort of strait part in the hole that's still about
like the factory drilled it.
But he was was holding the nozzle in left hand and just ended up scraping on the right side of the hole, just tad more.

Well now, puts it back together and left side kinda sprays OK still.
the right side now is almost like it's about 15~20 degrees wider pattern
And got that kinda pissy like sorta throwing droplets in with the fine spray.

Well now you might see a bit of why I squawk about radius conditions and those little cutter wiggles
Aint just the ring hammering aspect that's on my mind.
Go back and look a the wash patterens on the domes, find that tiny swirl and start looking upstream.
There are several reasons to use the dental mirror and smooth those tunnel countors.

I'm trying to make some analogies here. I think if I can figure out some things that poeple can see and do, in other areas of your work or life,
Might be easier to catch on
and have that moment when what the portmasters are laying down for us,
begins to to morph into something the finaly makes sense to us.

= = =
But then again, It may just be that all of ya, should put me in a block list
untill the rest of this knee dope wears off of me !!

Can you set a saw down by the woodpile, or will that hound dog put a marking on it too?

I never did get a real good "looking" cut today......I ran a little fuel through the saw noodling a few big nasties. Then filed the chain.

Just about rolled the round over on me :laugh: but here's that vid.

I'm really anxious to see how the jug with the epoxied intake does. I prolly need to find a better way to hold them rounds though. :chop:

What size bar where you running there randy

Quote:
Me and Laslab have some cuttin to do here in a few weeks and I have a gun, 87 e free, and sunoco 110 and ill try it for u

110 (& up) is getting real close to where bad mojo shows up. May be all you can get in your area for non e fuel.

110 (& up) is getting real close to where bad mojo shows up. May be all you can get in your area for non e fuel.
I can get anywhere between 87 and 93 e free locally . What ill effects start showing up with 110 other than its not as efficient and completely burning the entire fuel that was took in for these shorter 2 strokes ? Im curious

Latest posts

Back