• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Mastermind Ported Husqvarna 246/242xp hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought it from a member on another site. Sent it to Randy for the works. This is a wicked limbing saw. It feels lighter than my 2153 in the hand.

Note Spike60's comments: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husky-saws.267873/page-2
"The 242XP was, and still is the best ever climbing/bucket saw with a conventional handle. You have to actually run one to "get it", but anyone who actually used to work with them will confirm this. It will run with the 346OE and is in a lighter, smaller, and handier package. They respond well to basic mods. It's supposed replacement, the new 543XP is a nice saw, but the 242 will eat it up."

"Last comment is that good Huskys aren't confined to those saws that have an XP label on them. Some of the best deals out there are on non-XP saws that share a chassis with XP models. Saws such as the 365, 555, 359, 257, 246, and such. Don't pass 'em by just because they don't have an XP sticker on them; they are real good values."

Randy has this little devil taching at 15600rpms.

Price is $600 shipped 48 cont. Paypal as a gift.
Note: I have $770 in this saw.

Selling to fund working on the kid's playhouse this winter while work is slow.

Im trying to sell it before I pick it up. Cant seem to part with them once they are in my possession.:innocent:

One of the reasons I havent been on here as much (and usually it's late when I am) is bc of my granny's declining health. She is 91. It's very taxing on the family. Just tonight while driving home, I was telling Kari how it feels like the days are just running together.

Just a rough time for us, my parents, and my kids. Gran is my last living Grandparent. My oldest daughter is named after my Papa (Riley... her's is Ryleigh) and my youngest daughter Madalyn was born on my Granny's birthday... June 4th.

Not really "living" right now, just "existing". So that's whats going on in my world.

Back