• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Mastermindederized MS261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wap13

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am thinking of selling my MS261 that was ported by the one and only Mastermind. I dont need to sell the saw but have been thinking of trying something different so thought I would see what this is worth. I would like to get $675 for it. I have never sold a saw this new, nice or ported so if my price is out of line please let me know. I figure with a saw this nice and new, plus the port work it is a fair deal but I know AS is more of a buyers market. To buy the saw new, ship it Randy, have it ported and shipped back to you are looking $825-$850 depending on where you are and your dealer connections.

I got this saw new in the end of April or the first part of May. It was never ran prior to porting. It is 99%. Never been dropped or had any problems or broken parts. I have always ran stihl oil at 40:1. Mostly all synthetic HP but I had some stihl orange bottle dino oil that I used for a tank or 2 to help with break in. Non E gas is kinda hard to come by here so I run normal gas with a good ethanol treatment. I will get some pics today or tomorrow but I have a friend coming by to run it today to see if he is interested so I will wait to clean it up for pics. As of right not the saw has 2.5 hours run time on it not counting however much Randy had to run to after porting to get it tuned in. The hours (more like minutes) will go up slightly today but since I have it for sale I will refrain from running it any more than I have to until it sells or it doesnt sell and I decide to keep it. I have not even needed to clean the air filter on this saw it has been run so little. I will get a pic of the filter too prior to cleaning so you can see what I am talking about. I dont think the saw is broken in yet as it still seems to be getting stronger.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or PM me. Provided we dont get hacked again I get on here everyday so will reply asap. It is a great saw but since I have gotten my 372 I dont run this one much and would like to see if it will sell before it is not in such good condition.

I would/could be interested in trades as well, plus cash or not. Any good pro saw would interest me, husky 346, 550, 562, 365, 372, 390, 395, and Jred equivalents, dolmar 7900, stihl 441, 461, 660, etc, you get the idea. Would really rather sell but for the right trade I could possibly be persuaded.

In case it is hard to see in the post, price is $675 PHO.

Last edited:
I might be able to help you out and take that saw as partial trade toward a new jonsered.

This air filter has never been cleaned prior to this photo to show how little it has been ran. I did blow it out after I took the pic.

Attachments

• P9300147.jpg
    P9300147.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 59
more pics

Attachments

• P9300148.jpg
    P9300148.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 63
  • P9300149.jpg
    P9300149.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 58
2 more

Attachments

• P9300150.jpg
    P9300150.jpg
    272.4 KB · Views: 58
  • P9300151.jpg
    P9300151.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 69
Last 2

If anyone wants more let me know.

Attachments

• P9300152.jpg
    P9300152.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 39
  • P9300153.jpg
    P9300153.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 42
Very nice saw, I really want it, but just can't buy anymore saws. I'd say 675 is a very good price. If I didn't already have a 261 I would buy it.

My brother has a Masterminded ms261 and its fun to run. Even beats my ported 550xp in 16" wood.

Very nice saw, I really want it, but just can't buy anymore saws. I'd say 675 is a very good price. If I didn't already have a 261 I would buy it.

My brother has a Masterminded ms261 and its fun to run. Even beats my ported 550xp in 16" wood.

Thank you for the compliment.

Saw is sold pending payment

SOLD!

Is someone wants to tell me how to mark this on the heading I will be glad to but have not figured that out yet.

Look just above the first post in this thread. There is a heading for Listing Owner Options. Hit the drop down and select close listing.

Thanks.

I found it but for some reason it is not responding, I will try again later. Link bucks may be at it again.

Latest posts

Back