Max bar size for alaskan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MervMaster

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys. I did my first milling today and I'm obsessed. What I need to know is what bar length will allow me to max out my 36" mill. I have a granberg markIII and run a 660.

Right now I have a 28" bar but it leaves me woefully short of the full capacity of this mill. I want more!

Thanks in advance for your help

l'd say a 42" bar is what you need. The woodland pro aka cannon bar looks nice from bailey's. You can also get it in 050 so you can run lo pro chain if you desire. l am sure many would be interested in what you are doing so don't be scared to show some pics

42" will max out the mill. You'll need an aux oiler to keep bar wear down at that length with a 660.

My biggest set-up uses a 50 inch Cannon. (52" tip to case) I can get 46" between the uprights, but The alaskans will never get you that much.

If you drill the nose you can gain a little.

42" will max out the mill. You'll need an aux oiler to keep bar wear down at that length with a 660.
I'm planning on getting a 36" mill and after reading this, will probably get a 42" bar for max cut. Will a husky 395xp properly oil a 42" on an alaskan?

I'm planning on getting a 36" mill and after reading this, will probably get a 42" bar for max cut. Will a husky 395xp properly oil a 42" on an alaskan?

Sort of. It does better than a 660 but I run an aux oiler of some sort.

Latest posts

Back