maxflow filters for stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acme0007

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
interested in maxflow filters for several stihl saws. who and where can I get some. Also would really like to get more out of the ms192t any ideas. mufflers, filters ect. Use them for work saws so nothing to rad.:chainsaw:

i'd like to try one, but i read a thread a while back sayin the stock hd filter without the pre-wrap flowed better. If i read correct.

Put one on my 064. picked up some noticable power & rpm. haven't detuned as the manufacturer suggested. just keep it in the wood. only downfall, the filter cover is big and ugly, sticks out on the sides quite a bit and doesn't match the color of the old saw:cheers:. started not to use it but it's worth it for the performance.

So is the green weenie a velocity stack? I think the max flow would be better though for my needs. Whats the v stack cost? Maybe it could be an option too.

i went with the 'velocity' stack approach, but only because i have a husky.
maybe these pictures may help you decide, or give you an idea.

p.s. thats pnaty hose im using as world's cheapest prefilter, filter's color is actually yellow....
(also, this is a one off bellmouth (aka:velocity stack)...flows little bit better than regular stack)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

sorry about that....i was asking for help on the stack subject awhile back, when i got TOLD there's a difference between the two, and velocity stack actually refences a completely tuned entire intake, but a bellmouth is the piece at the very end....only stuck to referencing it that way because otherwise everyone got confused which didn't help me when i was trying to find out the information....(basically what is commonly known as a velocity stack here, is truly named a bellmouth, but everyone justs calls them velocity stacks anyway)

anyways, sorry to defer from this threads goal, and hope i didn't confuse anyone.

How's it run with that stack on it? the max flow says you can use theirs without the cover but no velocity bout it. i use mine a lot in the brush and figure the foam wouldn't last long.:cheers:

Back