• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn Stihl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodslasher

Make McCulloch Great Again!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Up for sale is a Stihl MS660. The backstory on this guy is I had a running 660 that was kinda cosmetically beat, and then a buddy acquired a bunch of 660 parts saws. I got a clean set of cases and an oem tank off of him, and I decided to install a new set of seals and a new set of bearings in the new to me cases. Seals were a/m, fw side bearing was skf/nachi/fag generic and pto side was oem. I pulled the top end off of the running 660 and swapped it over to the nice cases. The saw has a newer Meteor piston in it with just a couple of hours of run time on it. It has a Maxflow setup on it since the original filter cover and filter were wrecked and I'm not a fan of the HD2 system.

Now comes the ugly bits. I had to raise the exhaust roof a bit to get rid of a small chip in the plating that was there when I got the saw. The top cover screw on the pto side has a big ol' threaded insert to fix a wallowed out hole, the clutch cover had a bow in the mounting surface that I filed off and a few cracks, and the exhaust surface needed a little flattening too. Lastly, it needs new clutch springs, but I have an oem set I'll include that I never got around to installing. All that being said, it runs good and is all oem except for what I've mentioned. It'll also come with an extra Meteor piston kit I mistakenly ordered.

I'd like to get $500 + the ride, but I'm open to offers.

IMG_6373.jpegIMG_6374.jpegIMG_6375.jpegIMG_6376.jpegIMG_6377.jpegIMG_6378.jpegIMG_6379.jpegIMG_6380.jpeg

Latest posts

Back