Maybe a little video to liven things up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hows <embed src="http://img441.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=P4d0" width="352" height="284" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Modifiedmark">[More videos from Modifiedmark]</a>my Poulan Pro 475 running?

Very nice saw Mark, I see that there is one on feabay that is rebuilt and restored for right around $300 when I checked it last.

I got to run this saw personally last weekend. It is everything Mark says it is. If my taste in saws didn't run the other way (that is, more antique than useful) I would already own this thing.

Chris B.

I got to run this saw personally last weekend. It is everything Mark says it is. If my taste in saws didn't run the other way (that is, more antique than useful) I would already own this thing.

Chris B.

Yeah I fattened it up last weekend, I checked it today and its turning 13,950. I still think its good at 14,500 but its cold out so this is good also. Checked the plug and it looks good, not lean.

That is a nice looking saw Mark! Sounds good. If the saw is running 14K, it can't be stock. What have you done to this?

You got that saw running really nice Mark, that sharp crack at idle tells me more about a saw than when someone is blipping it. Funny how one can tell a lot about the internals from just listening to an engine idle.

Pioneerguy600

You got that saw running really nice Mark, that sharp crack at idle tells me more about a saw than when someone is blipping it. Funny how one can tell a lot about the internals from just listening to an engine idle.

Pioneerguy600

Jerry, I can only hope to know half as much about saws as you someday. :cheers:

I have never really heard a saw from this family idle before but it does have a ring to it that reminds me of a 70E. The 70E rumbles a little more than pop.

That is a nice looking saw Mark! Sounds good. If the saw is running 14K, it can't be stock. What have you done to this?

Its pretty much stock execpt for the Stihl 064 piston that raised the compression, a little opening on the muffler under the deflector and a non rev limited coil.

Pioneerguy600

Correct, that sharp crack is the high compression talking!

I have never really heard a saw from this family idle before but it does have a ring to it that reminds me of a 70E. The 70E rumbles a little more than pop.

That saw is mostly a Parner saw, then Jonsered and then Poulan.

No matter how you look at it, I like this one.

Lee,..if you spend 47 years wrenching and running every make of saw you can get your hands on things start falling in place and making some sence after a while. I could tell that saw has high compression and determine it has good intake and exhaust timing, you can`t cover that up with a muffler.

Pioneerguy600

Latest posts

Back