Made a few videos of some 5-6 cube saws today.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the videos Mark.:msp_thumbup: Great to hear some saws that don't sound like a swarm of bees.:D
The 655 & Chris's 650 were tops in my book too. Should have fired them all up, and let them just sit there at idle. That would sound like a day at the drag strip!. When GTG time rolls around, definitely bring the 655! LOL One of those has to be on my bucket list.

:cheers:
Gregg,

8 inches is more then a couple inches. :biggrin:
The 650 had a 24" on it, the CS-900, 655 and P100 all had 32's 8 tooths, and 3/8's skip on them. The 6000 had a 31" hard nose with a 404 with a probably too big 8 tooth on it.
The 6000 was started yesterday for the first time since I got it, and was probaly running too rich while the 900 was just run for the first time since a rebuild on it and it wasnt even close to haveing rings seated etc.
That said, the 650 is a mean runner for sure, and if it were setup the same as the others it might be the toughest, but then again it might not be either. I'm thinking of tuning the 6000 in some and coverting it to 3/8's with a 8 tooth so who knows maybe it would be the toughest?
This is hard Oak were cutting and I have found that full comp seems to be a little faster then skip so don't read too much into all this stuff.
Like I said this was for fun and nothing else.

With that said, only a few inches short of the whole log, the extra bar length would have just been air...it still ripped!!

Thanks for the vids, nice job. I really like that homie 650! Shorter bar or not, that thing didnt struggle the least bit.

Dang Mark, you've lost weight. :laugh:

My internet connection is so slow some videos just can't be watched. I'm trying though. :rock:

Thanks for posting these.

it looked to me he might have gained a few pounds,:D:D:D:D just kidding mark,, great vids

Oh, and if your from the PPE police, I dont want to hear it. LOL

The Poulan 6000

<embed src="http://img577.imageshack.us/flvplayer.swf?f=Plv6" width="352" height="308" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/><br/>
<a href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/Modifiedmark">[More videos from Modifiedmark]</a>

[
With the muffs sitting on the log you won't. Seriously, great videos. I loved the chips the 650 was making. I'm also glad to see you found a P100. Ron

Just based purely on sound. . . It was the Poulan Pro and Mac.

Ever since I heard Tom F.'s Poulan Pro 475 hit'n the limiter while timberfalling with it, I've been hooked to the way they sound.

Although, there's nothing like the sound of Mac American Iron too.

Back