• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy McCulloch 170 Arc Welder Leads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Haven’t Tried To Start It yet But Compression /Spark Is Good,Has Bad Gas Though
Is this you are wanting to sell? Your original post is a bit confusing as you ask what it is worth which indicates you want to sell it

You bought it so you know the current value.
Go to your nearest welding shop and i'll bet they can make up some cables for you.
I am happy I was not the only guy that was a bit confused. :D I will add a bit though. Copper is like buying gold so it might be best for a man to make sure it is something he wants to sink money into before buying copper,they don't take that back

That is a very cool find! There’s charts online for gauge thickness if you wanted to make your own. I watched this video and it’s basically how I’d make a welding lead..

Youtube video

over 8 feet I would drop to 1 gage and get a higher rated clamp, look for usa made copper cable and bronze clamps not the shltty chinese stuff. After welding a few minutes feel the ground clamp and wire, if its warm/hot you have resistance issues.
I do not disagree. I posted the screenshot to show the cost of the "discount" option.

You are correct if the ground clamp is hot you got a issue. I had one of the welders at work tell me his ground was getting red at the welding unit. Sure enough it was.

Latest posts

Back