McCulloch 250 Lives Again

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently bought a 250 off CL, no real desire, but it was a deal with a David Bradley gear drive and I have about $30 in the Mac. It is good cosmetics, is fairly early production, but has a .404 14 inch hardnose bar. Fresh fuel, started right up, moderate compression but not what I would call extreme, and ran well. I just put it away for storage.

Now I am curious to try it out. Per acres I think it is only 77 cc, but what bars were typically used on those? 24? 28? more?

Standard 250 is 80cc's and will pull a 24" all day! Not fast by today's standards.... but the 250 super is a different story!

Like this one ya mean?????

McCullochSuper250002.jpg

We didn't take any pictures of this repair job......it was one of those, well we need to dig deeper sorta things...and, well before you know it the fuel tank is off and the oiler is in pieces. The flywheel had to come off...three times. :laugh:

A big thank you to Marc (diggers dad) for sending us some parts for the old girl. She was sporting a homemade choke and throttle linkage. The carb was assembled incorrectly and several bits were gone. The return spring was missing from the throttle. He also sent a better air filter than the one it was wearing and the plug for the air box that covers the mixture screws.

Anywho......here she is after Jon and I fought with the big Mac and won. You gotta love the way he starts this thing. :hmm3grin2orange:

[video=youtube;ASUiMMN8Vi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASUiMMN8Vi8&feature=plcp[/video]

It's heading back to Florida to trim some palm trees tomorrow......I just figured you guys could appreciate that she is back from the edge of death.

Glad to help. It's nice to see those old classics still being used on a regular basis. Wait...did you say TRIM? He uses that to TRIM?

Back