McCulloch 300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProMac1K

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Anyone know much about these saws? Are they considered a collector, or decent runner? I found one local, and I was just wondering if it would pay to bother the guy on specifics, or if they aren't nothing special. Any Mac is good, i'm just looking for some info is all.

Thanks

The 300 is 87cc, a minor mistake on Mike's site.
Maccat-6.jpg

I run a 3/8x24" hard tip setup on one and it powers it nicely, just not a fast saw. Heavy, loud, slow, vibrates in equal proportion to volume, speed and weight.

Price depends on condition and location. I have seen them fetch$20-300.00.
Lately, typical seems to be around or less than $100.00 for complete saws, More if the start and run.

The high end being very good almost new condition.

I do not know about Ebay.

Anyone know what fuel line it takes?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

This is a 9 year old thread my man!!! I will try to help though. The factory line on these is a molded rubber line that is sometimes available on eBay for way too much money. I use 3/16" black rubber fuel line and put a couple wraps of tape around it where it goes through the air box to give a little better seal. I've never had to replace the line in the tank with the built in filter so can't help much there but I'm sure there is a workaround of some sort.

As noted, the fuel line it in two pieces and the front mount fuel tank has a barb fitting inside and out. It is possible to replace the fuel line in the tank but it is a bit tricky and requires a set of hemostats with the curved end.

From the tank to the carburetor you can do as 2broke says, the old original line had a large O.D. to fill the hole in the air box, later ones came with fuel line with the grommet molded into to it to fill the hole.

This is a 550 with the flat back carburetor but the fuel line is the same as any other front tank saw; this is the later version with the molded grommet.

DSCN2278.jpg

The line in the tank will look like this, the large bell end will be fit with a felt fuel filter element.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/McCULLOCH-C...817302?hash=item5437774956:g:wIQAAOSwFdtXwwxA

This is the updated fuel line between the tank and the carburetor.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/genuine-McC...654351?hash=item5697b8be0f:g:FvgAAOxygj5Sj9G5

Mark

Latest posts

Back