McCulloch BP1 video

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McC

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, it's definitely a cool saw. When converted to modern chisel chain, they'll cut pretty darn fast for a small displacement saw. Here's a video of me at Baraboo this past summer. It beat all the Homelites, (9-27, 7-21, 700G) and a McC 55. It did get beaten by one McC 55, by about 1.5 seconds in one cut.

This thread is a few years old, but worth bringing up again. a BP1 is an awesome machine to hear running, plus rare as hens teeth.

He's still around somewhere. I dont think he comes in too much, unless theres an event that interests him going on. While you're here, check out the video, that thing sounds like a dirtbike on steroids.

I dont know, theres less than 150 of them still in operating condition worldwide since McC made the recall on them, so they're REALLY rare.

I'm still here. I check the site almost every day. Sometimes you just run out of things to say. I've been nursing a herniated disk the last few months, so I haven't even run a saw since Jan. I don't think I'll be able to run the hotsaw in any "cold start" contests. Just too much strain on my back. I'm going to try to put a compression release on it just so it will be easier to start. Then I should be able to run it in hot start contests. Glad you like the BP1.
Scott

if you closed your eyes and didnt know that video was a saw.. you can easily get the idea that it really was a little 125cc dirtbike going around the track.
that sound is just awesome!

Hey Dedcow,

I got a few more Mc's the other day.

All from a Stihl Dealer near home, he told me his Dad whom i knew from years ago stuck them aside for spares but they are mostly complete and weren't broken up as i already have 3 of them running.

The SP125 will come in handy as a spares saw as i need a few bits for my other 125C all i need now is a good side cover/clutch cover and my SP125c will neally be as good as new.

The PM800 is nearly new with very few hours on it, it started with a few pulls.
Todays job will be getting the Super 250 going if possible and i may also be lucky with the 550 which could turn out be the Super 550, hope so.

The Solo 70 will help in getting 1 saw from 2 as my other 70 has a hole in the crankcase from corrosion.

The Patner 55 will be sold along with the PM 610 to help recover my expenses.

Mc Bob.

how much do you want for the 610 or that 55? if shipping didnt kill it, i could be interested.

I feel that the shipping would knock you for six, but i'm going to Ebay the both of them soon along with the PM800 as i have two PM800's.

Ebay Australia is the venue i'll be using as shipping to the states is way to expensive.

This is confusing as i started another thread sorry fellas but shipping north would would be way to expensive.

Here's what i got SP125 / SP81 / PM800 / PM610 / Partner P55 / Solo 70 / Super 250 / Super 550.

Mc Bob.

Latest posts

Back