Baraboo Wis. Old Saw Contest results

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McC

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This years show was a lot of fun, and the weather was great. There were a few arboristsite members there. z4lunch, Ray, madsaw, Bill G, and myself, McC (Scott). My MC92 hotsaw lost a flywheel fin due to a starter pawl flying past it's stop into the tooth, and had a vibration at speed, so I did not run it. Here are the results.
Antique gear drive: 1 cut 14" willow
1st Homelite super1130G 7.76 sec
2nd MC 55 9.4 sec
3rd MC BP1 10.43 sec (Scott)
4th MC BP1 12.15 sec
5th MC 1-61 13.22 sec
6th Homelite 7-21 13.25 sec
7th Homelite super wiz 66 14.53
8th MC 47 15.07 sec (Scott)
9th MC 55 15.71 sec
10th Homelite 1130G 16.7 sec

Antique 2-man: 1cut 30" pine
1st MC 7-55 44.40 sec
2nd Homelite superwiz 55 55.06 sec
3rd Mall 7 55.78 sec (Scott)
4th Disston 12hp 1:04.67 min
5th MC 7-55 1:27.58 min
Titan Blue Streak cut out
Lombard/Homelite dnf

Vintage direct drive 2 cuts 12" pine
1st Husky 2100 6.18 sec
2nd Stihl 090 6.33 sec (z4lunch)
3rd Homelite 650 8.08 sec
4th Husky 285 9.06 sec
5th Husky 2100 9.09 sec
6th Homelite 750 10.97 sec
7th MC 250 12.24 sec (Scott)
8th Jonsred 625 16.84 sec
9th Homelite 995 17.64 sec
10th Stihl 075 18.02 sec
11th Homelite 450 23.50 sec
12th Homelite 707 24.47 sec
MC SP125 cutout

Vintage Hotsaw 3 cuts 12" poplar
1st MC93 kart 5.87sec
2nd Homelite 2100 6.37 sec (z4lunch)
3rd MC 101 kart 6.56 sec (McC, Scott)
MC 101 twincarb dnf
Stihl 088KD 5.25 sec (z4lunch) exhibition

Pic of z4lunch 090, more to come, I gotta get some sleep. Scott

My Mac 250 did good for it's size in the vintage direct drive class, 12.24 sec 2 cuts, in 12" pine.

Here's a Lombard with Homelite engine, and that strange Lombard chain. It had fuel problems and did not finish the cut.

Hey it was sure nice to put some faces to the names I see here on the board last saturday. It was great to see all the old saws and such. Missed the race though. Call me a sucker but I hit tthe swap area hard. Way things sound I will be up there next year with goodies to sell. Got to support the bad habit of milking cows some how. Did pick up a nice 800 homey parts saw. Now i can get a few others ready to sell. So I hope next yr to be able to bring up a few to show and play with.
Later all
Bob Pierce

The guy running the Husky is Roger Bennet. He had a large display of Husky saws and his buddy had a large display of Homelites. As far as I know neither of them are members here.

Bob,

If you have saws to sell I wold be interested in what you have. I am sorry I missed you Saturday. By the time I hit the swap meet, Scott had gotten all the Macs, Roger had gotten most others worth while, and you had grabbed the late comers.

Bill

Really something to see all those old saws run - especially the 2 man saws. Nice show Scott, great job !
Steve gave us a close look and explanation of his saws and chains.
The Locals- Roger Bennett had the Husky display and sells saws on ebay. His buddy
James Shimniok had the Homelite display.Has about 60 saws he runs, brought mainly his Homelites. Last year he brought his McCullochs.
Hope to bring a couple saws to the next one.
Bill- probably have to be there Friday morning in order to get a chance at the decent saws at the swap meet.

Ray

It was a great show. Got there late, so I didn't get to compete. Got caught going through the Dells. Forgot how busy it is there.
They did let me run my Grandpa's old Wright just for Demo. Nice to run a saw twice as old as I am. Where was the saw swap meet. We mainly toured the tractors and watched the old saw mills.

The swap meet is the first thing you go past as you walk in, but it's on the other side from the tractors. You probably got caught up looking at the tractors and didn't notice the swap. I didn't buy any saws at the swap. I did buy a nice 300 Mac from a spectator who brought it on Sunday. I passed it on to my Father-inlaw. The best way to buy saws at a show like this is to have a saw display, and stay by it. People will walk up and say" I've got some old saws at home I'd like to get rid of"
Here is a Titan Blue Streak

To McC (Scott):

Hi Scott. My brother and I went to Boonville, NY for their show. I mentioned going to Baraboo to him and he and I are both interested in going next year if all goes OK. Probably a bit early to ask, but is there any dates for the Baraboo show to be held next year? Would like to know well in advance so that we can plan on going. Is it held about the same time every year? Looks like everyone had a good time running and viewing saws. take care. Lewis.

Next years date is Aug. 19, 20, 21. The feature show item is the Hart-Parr Oliver tractor collectors national meeting.
Here's a "wild" Frontier.

To McC.

Hi Scott. Thanks for the info. Will let my brother know and see what we can do to plan for next years trip. Thanks again. Lewis.

Latest posts

Back