Baraboo Wisconsin/ Badger Steam show old saw display/demonstration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image00116.jpg

Steve wear one of these shirts and Mark will stop giving you grief. Take it from another "ample" brother.............wear a longer shirt.

The two man saw turnout looks good for this year.:) Hopefully Kevin will be convinced to run his Stihl KS43. We will see in about 12 hours

Bill

It was another great day with great folks. There will be plenty of pictures and videos to post.

Bill

What a great day! I'm pretty sure everyone had good luck with their saws, the only one I can think of that didn't run was Wendell's 285 husky, and Roger's 2100. I limited myself to only running my 250, and my hotsaw. I pulled a muscle in my back Friday afternoon, and could barely move for an hour, then only limited to slow movements the rest of the day. Had a tough time sleeping, and waking up Saturday I still was unsure if I would be able to run a saw, but as the day went on, I got better. Feeling much better now, but will take it easy tomorrow (Sunday) at the show. Will post results after Sunday.
Scott

It was a lot of fun, great weather, plenty of saws and a good time was had by all. Thanks to Scott and all the crew at the Badger Steam and Gas club for giving us a corner of the grounds to play with.

There were not quite so many here as last year, but we still had a good time and were able to see a lot of interesting saw. Pretty impressive seeing the old equipment in operation and to realize how far the technology has come along over time. I got to ride the stinger end of two different two man saws and like my father so many years ago realize that is not the way to make a living!

Here are some photos of some of the saws about the grounds.

I believe this is known as a Sally Saw.

attachment.php

There was one new collector here, bought the two luch box McCullochs and the 3-25 from the flea market out front.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Roger Bennet had a nice line up

attachment.php

Mark

Roger always has some very interesting saws in his display.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Kevin Krotenko from Pelly, SK was here again this year but only brought two big two man saws. Kevin chatting with James Shimniok while the morning was still pretty cool.

attachment.php

James lives near by and is able to bring a very large number of saws every year, alternating between McCulloch and Homelite, this was a Homelite year but he manages to sneak in a good variety of others as well.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Bill G came with a nice group of big saws. Bill going over things with Scott.

attachment.php

Bruce Meindard (sp?) doesn't bring a lot of saws but the saw he brings run particularly well, and Bruce is exceptional at sharpening and operating his saws. If I have my facts straight, that 10-10 took 2nd place in the 5 In³ and under class and beat a whole lot of bigger displacement saws.

attachment.php

Scott had a nice group of saws here as well representing a whole range of ages and designs.

attachment.php

Wendel came with a truck load of saws and his daughter to act as babysitter for Emmet while Wendel, Marty, and I tried to sharpen the chain on his 5-49. Hopefully I will regain some feeling in my fingers later this week after the abuse from filing yesterday.

attachment.php

I managed to get 14 saws packed in the Ranger, well 13 and the Mini Mac.

attachment.php

That's all for now, I have to start driving. I will try to check in tonight when I get to the next stop and add a few action shots from the competition.

Mark

No one put up a single photo all day? SLACKERS!

I had a long stop to see Woody on my way from Baraboo to Indianapolis today and ended up with a couple more boxes of parts I'll have to go through and sort out, lots of vintage stuff there including one of the unobtanium duck bill valves for the 10 Series bull frog or fuel caps.

One set of racing photo's for you tonght:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

I've stopped slacking for now, so I'll post some pics from the show too.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Didn't have the best spot for getting pictures of the two man saw races.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back