Baraboo Wisconsin/ Badger Steam show old saw display/demonstration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More from last year:

James brought McCulloch last time

attachment.php

I always bring (mostly) McCulloch

attachment.php

Scott has a few McC's himself

attachment.php

What's not to like about a McHot Saw?

attachment.php

Others are welcome too...

attachment.php

Mark

We are at the wilderness resort so we must be just right around the corner from you? I know I biked out others in about a mile or to I was right into rural setting. I must say I like the paved rural roads

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

The Wilderness is about 5 miles from our place, but we are on the west side of I90-94, whereas the Wilderness is on the east side if I90-94.

Man they need to change the dates on this event. That weekend there is a big National Tractor Pull in Bowling Green. Also the Nascar race is in Michigan too. Too many activities all the same weekend. To whom ever attends, please take lots of pictures.:rock:

10 day forcast has Baraboo expecting perfect weather this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with no rain, high temperatures around 75° and lows in the 50's. I am getting excited...

More photo's from last year.

Paul with a Mall
attachment.php

Bill G putting another one together
attachment.php

Wendel and Marty on a two man saw, even with suspenders the view is marginal
attachment.php

Wendel with Echo echo echo
attachment.php

The unfair race, 30 cc Mini Mac vs 115 cc Wright, maybe if the Wright had a chain it could keep up?
attachment.php

Mark

Poor Wendell some things just can't be undone:msp_scared:

Looking forward to the pictures since I was just there and missed my timing on this event:msp_sad:

Was out to the show grounds twice today. Took the tractors and snowmobiles out first, then came home for supper and then took my trailer with saws. Talked with James both times. He has at least 70 saws there this year! Talked with the sawmill guys, they will saw 2 of the logs Friday for us, making 10X10 cants for the direct drive saws. Will be back Friday morning with another load of supplies.
Scott

I drove by tonight and noticed there was one sign at the main entrance that had the wrong dates 16-17-18:confused:

Steam and gas

I had lunch at Taco Bell in Baraboo so there was plenty of gas this afternoon anyway...Scott fed me dinner on the grounds, pork and salads were great but the peanut brittle was absolutely over the top!

I will try to take a few photos tomorrow so Wendel please be sure to wear your Duluth T shirt with the extra long tail...

Mark

We are all set. Had the old bandsaw mill saw our 3 silver maple logs into a truckbed full of boards, and 3 10X10's. The main event starts at noon Saturday. Watched a great spark show tonight. The belt an 80hp case steamer up to a fan dyno, then load the firebox with wood shavings and let it rip. Shoots sparks at least 30 ft in the air, really cool.

Mark, maybe if you'd just get over your obsession with my ass, I wouldn't have to worry about what shirt I wear. :msp_angry:

On a happier note, I did get the 5-49 running this afternoon with some help from Kingsley. Unfortunately, I seem to have forgotten how to get it all back together as I've either got an extra lock washer or I'm missing some parts. :msp_sad:

I don't know what else runs, I didn't get anything sharpened but I will hopefully get there around 10.

Latest posts

Back