Baraboo Wisconsin/ Badger Steam show old saw display/demonstration

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McC

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
It is coming soon, August 17,18,19, 2012. Very much the same as in the past. The big "demonstration" will start at noon on Saturday the 18th. No charge to run your saws. We will be there all 3 days to cut wood and BS. Entrance into the grounds is free if you bring equipment to display. Use the exhibitor gate. Entry fee is $6 for spectators. Here is a link to the show website for directions and other info.
Badger Steam & Gas Engine Club
The feature of this years show is Massey tractors. In conjunction with the Massey Family Collectors of Wisconsin, the Badger Steam and Gas Club will be hosting the National Massey Expo of North America at their 49th Annual show near Baraboo, WI
Here are the chainsaw classes:
Antique 2-man, Antique geardrive, vintage direct 5cu and under, vintage direct 5cu and up, vintage hotsaw. We use 1979 as the limit for vintage, so if the saw began production in 1979, but was actually produced in 1981, it still qualifies. The antiques are a little vague. The 2 man saws have been saws such as Mac 7-55, Mall 7, Disston. We don't want an 090 with a double ended bar competing in this class. There have been 090G's in the geardrive class. Vintage hotsaws have been with Mac or West Bend kart powered. We will try to have 10X10 cants for the direct drive saws. The geardrives will cut a round log about 15". The 2-man saws will be cutting something around 20".
PM me with any saw related questions.
Scott

I have it in my sights, already made a list of saws to bring along...

From last year:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

Last night I got my hotsaw ready. I only run it once a year at our show. Every year, I have to replace the gasket kit in the tillotson hr carb. If I don't, it will not pump enough fuel to run right. I have tried to just take it apart and clean it, and re-use the same kit from last year, but it doesn't help. It will only run if I use new gaskets and diaphram. I just use no ethanol 91 octane, so that shouldn't be a problem, my other saws run fine from year to year. It's not a big deal, the kits are less than $10. Touched-up the square chisel chain too. All the wood is on the grounds. My Dad cut down a huge silver maple this summer, and I took all the logs. We'll have some nice soft wood to cut this year.
Scott

Hey Scott, your message box is full.

I'll be there Saturday for sure and thanks again for hanging on to the cart for me. Thought I would have picked it up a lot sooner but this year has been really messed up.

Finally. I've been to start this thread a dozen times but figured I'd get in trouble. :hmm3grin2orange:

I really need to get that carb kit for the Super 44 ordered tomorrow and find out if the new diaphragm for the 5-49 is going to work.

I wonder if my wife will give me the week off work next week to work on saws.

I might even go so far as to try and sharpen some chains this year. :hmm3grin2orange:

Well Matt (Teddyscout) told me the other night on the phone that he was coming. Since he is in the same area as Brad Snelling I think Brad should carpool along.

What say you ole Brad:biggrin:

Well Matt (Teddyscout) told me the other night on the phone that he was coming. Since he is in the same area as Brad Snelling I think Brad should carpool along.

What say you ole Brad:biggrin:

Heck ya!!
Got a keg of Bud, and a couple large mouth Gator-aide bottles so we should be good to go!
Any help on the 8-10hr drive is welcome here!!!!

Mark, I'll bring my file guide. JRHAWK9, please stop by, bring the Mac and XL.. Will be cool to meet the guys from Ohio, anyone heard if the guy from Canada is coming? Les has the awards again, just talked with him last night. Pete had hand surgery today to fix 2 trigger fingers, won't be running any saws or riding his dirt bike for 3 weeks.
Scott

I am in the Dells this week, too bad it wasn't a week earlier I could have gone to this. I have bicycled through Baraboo three times this week from wilderness resort this week to ride around devils lake.Leave tomorrow though :mad:

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
You really have to work on your timing there Shane...

Mark

Yeah I kind of was a week early on this one. Baraboo looks to be a really nice town. It seems so far removed from the chaos that ensues in the dells

Baraboo looks to be a really nice town. It seems so far removed from the chaos that ensues in the dells

You don't have to go to Baraboo to get away from that. I hate going to the Dells in the summer, I try to stay far far away! We live in the town of Delton (right down the road is the Village of Lake Delton line) and it's more or less a rural setting.

You don't have to go to Baraboo to get away from that. I hate going to the Dells in the summer, I try to stay far far away! We live in the town of Delton (right down the road is the Village of Lake Delton line) and it's more or less a rural setting.

We are at the wilderness resort so we must be just right around the corner from you? I know I biked out others in about a mile or to I was right into rural setting. I must say I like the paved rural roads

I am in the Dells this week, too bad it wasn't a week earlier I could have gone to this. I have bicycled through Baraboo three times this week from wilderness resort this week to ride around devils lake.Leave tomorrow though :mad:

WTF, youve been in my neck of the woods for a week and didnt say anything!

Back