Old saw demonstration/GTG Baraboo WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
crap, I must have just missed the fun.

Although when you only show up on noon sunday, don't expect to see everything.

The grounds, the buildings, the displays at the show - I need to dig up some pics to show the rest of these guys.

crap, I must have just missed the fun.

Although when you only show up on noon sunday, don't expect to see everything..............

I was still there at noon but just to check out the flea market one last time.

I would have really liked to make it up but i had to get the skidder out of a creek it was buried pretty good. Ill try to make it next year if i can. looks like a good time.

Hey Lil Possum, glad you like the pics and info. The times don't always reflect the saws true potential. There are many variables that can affect the cutting on these old saws. Some may have the original style semi chisel chain, or even scratcher chain, while the next saw may have been upgraded to a new full chisel. Some of the engines are worn out, but still have enough compression to run. A good example of that is my Super 55/1-81 geardrive. It runs, but is low on compression and has weak seals, so even with new 404 chisel chain, it's times are way behind other similar saws. Then there is operator skill.
Scott

Yea Scott I understand that. I have a few I would like to upgrade to newer chains and sprocket tip bars. I believe a few have great potential.

Also neat to see the history/development of saws over the years.

Latest posts

Back