Old saw demonstration/GTG Baraboo WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marty with his Farm Boss
attachment.php

Bruce and his 450? Bruce and Roger tied in the first go 'round and forced a final heat where Roger was the winner
attachment.php

Steve and his mighty blue Homelite
attachment.php

I ran my D-44 as well, not fast but a good runner anyway
attachment.php

Scott and his 1-51
attachment.php

Not quite finished with under 5 In³ yet...

Mark

Thanks Mark!!!

You are the official In-bedded World wide AS reporter!

Thanks for the pics!!!!

Bruce brought several saws, all great runners. Here he gives his Stihl a run
attachment.php

And another Homelite, is this a 360?
attachment.php

And Bill G finally got that PM800 started
attachment.php

That's all for the 5 & under, next up over 5 In³. Again I got to start off (I was there earliest in the day I guess) and again a third place for my SP125
attachment.php

Scott and a nice Partner? Pioneer?, well it's a "P" in any case
attachment.php

Mark

I picked up this Super 797 this week, not a very good bar and chain but since it was running I let Marty put it in the wood
attachment.php

Roger smokin' it with a Homelite
attachment.php

And your winner in the 5 In³ and over, Steve Melzer and a sweet 090. Not only does his equipment come in first rate condition, Steve knows how to operate them as well.
attachment.php

Hot saws, Scott and his McCulloch, cross between and 250 and a 92 if I recall
attachment.php

Steve's Montgomery Wards West Bend 820, really fast and really make the chips fly
attachment.php

Mark

Did I mention that Steve's WB820 makes chips fly? He's done cuttng and the cloud is still in the air...
attachment.php

The hot saws
attachment.php

Two man saws, first up, Roger and Kevin on a McCulloch 940
attachment.php

Kevin and Roger with one of Kevin's saws, gues that's why there are fewer mosquitos around Pelly, SK
attachment.php

James and his buddy put the Disston into it. Sure am glad we got better than scratcher chain today...
attachment.php

Mark

Last set of two man photo's. Father and son, can anyone think of a better way to spend time with your children?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Wow...that's all I can say...
attachment.php

Another sweet running Disston twin
attachment.php

For the sake of comparison, they let me run my 840 through the big log when they were done. I don't know if they kept times but I would not have one the contest, that's for sure.
attachment.php

Mark

Cool pics Mark. I wish I could have made it. Maybe next year.

Jon and I acquired a 36 inch oak log for next springs GTG.
That should give the old iron a work out.

Great pics Mark! Did you go all-out for the demonstrations and spring for some :newbie: chaps???

I did buy new chaps earlier this year as the old ones had several Mac scars, more from muffler/exhaust burns and the spinning flywheel cover from a 73. Oh yeah, there was one incidental contact with a moving chain.

The new ones are already sporting a bite from the old failing muffler on my 7-10. I think the next set may be something other than the Husky cheapo brand.

Mark

Wished I could have been there. I'm leaving tonight to spend a few weeks there on vacation. Looks like looks of fun to be had by all.

Thanks Mark for showing all of these photos.

Barraboo..

Gene here Mark..Guy from Madison. Wow- that really looks like a great show to be at! I'm only 40 minutes or so from there. I might catch it next year. As others said: thanks on the pic's. Hope the old Mac's are of some use to you. Thanks on the dawgs for my 700. Gene

Thanks for the saws Gene, they were part of my display though I forgot to get any pictures of my set up.

I put the bar and chain off the 1-70 on the Super 797 you see Marty running in the thread above.

I saw someone walking through taking some pictures that looked a lot like you, in fact I thought it was you, but he disappeared without stopping by.

If your grandson likes to see tractors, engines, and machines bring him along as well, there are lots of things to see and do.

Mark

thanks Mark..

That wasn't me. But I was thinking the same thing..I bet Grandson he'd really enjoy it- as well as myself. We'll catch it next year. I seem to come across Mac's quite often here..so might have more next year. Be interesting what that little saw was?..Glad you had a great time- take care. Gene

OK, I'm home after a long fun weekend. Mark, those pics are awesome! I have some pics to share too. Here is my son Peter running his Remington Mighty Mite
DSCN3681-1.jpg

Peter running his Mac 110
DSCN3682.jpg

Peter running my 1-50
DSCN3682.jpg

James helping Paul with Paul's Pioneer super twin
DSCN3698.jpg

Kingsley found 3 misery whips in the swap meet. Here is Kevin helping him with the bucking 2 man crosscut saw.
DSCN3701.jpg

Here is the BIG Case 110hp steamer.
DSCN3696.jpg

was there today too. Need to dump some pictures here - saw an awful lot of IH propane tractors.

Latest posts

Back