Old saw demonstration/GTG Baraboo WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I talked with James tonight. I asked him about the 2-man saw rules. He remembered a couple years ago, we decided that if the saw wasn't originally designed as a 2-man saw, it would not be in this class. So there isn't a year cut-off, but then there probably aren't any 2-man saws after 1963, which is the date I have for the end of production of the McC 1-93 2-man saw.
Scott

Mark,

If you have a useable chain for my Mall I'm a buyer. Might even have a bar for your yellow saws. I have a barely used 43.5" bar that I was told is for an old McC. No inscription on the bar though. I'll bring it with. Curious if the chain you have is a scratcher or a chisel tooth?

Mark,

If you have a useable chain for my Mall I'm a buyer. Might even have a bar for your yellow saws. I have a barely used 43.5" bar that I was told is for an old McC. No inscription on the bar though. I'll bring it with. Curious if the chain you have is a scratcher or a chisel tooth?

Marty, I will need to know the pitch, gauge of the drivers, and how many drive links you need. I have some 1/2" pitch chipper chain in both .058 and .063 so hopefully one of those will work for you but I need to know the details to make sure I have the right stuff.

Scott, no problem on the two man stuff, I was only joking about the 840 anyway. I may bring the stinger and run one time against the two man saws just to see how it compares, if anyone is willing to hang on to the other end!

Mark

Since I have to spend the week on the road, I have the truck loaded up and ready to go.

SP125 x 2, SP105 x 2, 840, 550, 1-85, Super 250, S55, D-44, 7-10, 2-10 and a couple for Boda if we can make connections during the week. Oh yeah, I managed to get my Wright GS5020A running and the "new" bar and blade installed. I sure hope it is willing to run again next week.

I am supposed to stop in Madison on my way up to Baraboo to pick up three additional "fixer uppers".

Boy, I sure hope we can get the project in Claypool done on time.

Mark

Since I have to spend the week on the road, I have the truck loaded up and ready to go.

SP125 x 2, SP105 x 2, 840, 550, 1-85, Super 250, S55, D-44, 7-10, 2-10 and a couple for Boda if we can make connections during the week. Oh yeah, I managed to get my Wright GS5020A running and the "new" bar and blade installed. I sure hope it is willing to run again next week.

I am supposed to stop in Madison on my way up to Baraboo to pick up three additional "fixer uppers".

Boy, I sure hope we can get the project in Claypool done on time.

Mark

Mark, Were you planning to swing thru Peoria/pekin to take a gander at the genset?

Tried to start my Wright today, no spark, and I did have the throttle open. I don't have time to pull it apart before the show, so Mark, you'll be the only one with a running Wright. Me and James met at the showgrounds today. He and his Brother Mark brought 2 loads of logs. We used the clubs loader tractor with forklift to unload them and while we had the tractor there, we got all the logs out of the pile and got rid of 3 rotten ones. We will have enough 10X10's for the hotsaws and one class of direct drive, but one class of directdrive will be cutting a round log, probably about 14" in dia. The 2-man saws will be cutting a willow log. It is oblong, about 24"X27", should give them a good workout. The weather forecast looks great, highs around 80, chance of rain Thurs night to settle the dust.
Scott

Mark, Were you planning to swing thru Peoria/pekin to take a gander at the genset?

I had a look at the CL add and decided it wasn't that interesting to me after all. If I see one with a McCulloch engine on it that might change things.

I will be going across IL on I-80 sometime in the week, probably Tuesday.

Mark

I had a look at the CL add and decided it wasn't that interesting to me after all. If I see one with a McCulloch engine on it that might change things.

I will be going across IL on I-80 sometime in the week, probably Tuesday.

Mark

Thanks to Whitedogone.:)

I was at the guys house Thursday picking up a good saw. He showed me the Mac genset . I thought about throwing it in the load but I had a feeling you would not want it and I would be stuck with it

I was at the guys house Thursday picking up a good saw. He showed me the Mac genset . I thought about throwing it in the load but I had a feeling you would not want it and I would be stuck with it

Now Bill, you know the rules! ........ no thread/pics....didn't happen.

Hey Mark,

Have the chain info for the Mall 6

3/4 inch pitch
.100 gauge
67 drive links

Looks like I'm still looking for a chain. I hate doing things last minute!

Scott,

Let me be first to say thank you for coordinating everything up at the show. Maybe one of these years there will be a chainsaw on the poster for the show.

See you up there,
Marty

There's a Mac generator/arc welder on ebay that looks to be derived from a Mac 2 man saw powerhead (I'm guessing a 1-92 or 1-93). Is this the type of unit you looked at?

There's a Mac generator/arc welder on ebay that looks to be derived from a Mac 2 man saw powerhead (I'm guessing a 1-92 or 1-93). Is this the type of unit you looked at?

The one that was on CL used a Briggs style engine.

Bill

We were out to the showgrounds today. Took the new log stand along and got the big log for the geardrive saws strapped down on it. The 2-man log is in place too. There is already a lot of equipment out there, and we have been seeing many trailers full of equipment headed out there. The weather is looking more warm than they predicted earlier in the week, 85 and humid all 3 days and scattered rain and thunderstorms on Friday.
Scott

Latest posts

Back