Old saw demonstration/GTG Baraboo WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott.

I sure hope the wet weather holds off. We do not need a repeat of 3 years ago.

I have a feeling this will be the largest saw turnout ever. I will not be there until Saturday but I am worried if there willbe a spot to back the truck in. My freind up in Canada said he reserved the spot next to Roger. I did not know that was possible. I know last year i parked over Pauls campsite but I was out of there before evening.

Bill

Hope you guys have a great time. This show has tugging on me real bad to make the trip up there. I'd be there for sure if my 7-21 wasn't scaddered all over the bench. Can't wait to get it up and running. But, I was just up in Gelena with the wife last weekend and at the inlaws in Robinson the weekend before. Anybody ever go to the old engine show down in Oblong? Scot

Bill, if the area by Roger and James is too full, we can find room across the aisle where I park my tractor and snowmobile. There will be room. Made a quick pass though the swap meet, there is a Poulan TD complete for $50, and a mac super 44 for $35, complete. We left them but did pick up a homelite chain grinder. No pics yet, but it is a heavy duty bench grinder with wheels on both sides. There is a chain clamp on the left side that swings up to touch the wheel.
whitedoggone, hope you get the 7-21 finished, and can make it in the future. As for reserving a spot, all the regulars have their spot at the diner table, if they want to make room for someone sit next to them, it's their call.
Scott

Last edited:
Scott,

I have to work Friday so I will not be there until Saturday and the swap meet will be well picked over by then. If you are around Friday and can grab the Mac S44 for $35 I will pay you Saturday. As for the Poulan I have no idea of that model. Is it a KD100???????

Bill

Hey guys, I've been A.S. dark since last night, our friend Les bought the super 44 today. We got the rain out of the way this afternoon, it was a pleasant evening at the show grounds with a bs session going on until 10 when I left, might be still going. Everything is ready to go, this looks like the biggest turnout ever for the saw display. Lots of pics and video coming, but too busy trying to get some sleep yet tonight.
Scott

I got out there just as the storm was hitting this evening. It looks like not much rain so that was good. Hopefully we will be back in by 9AM.

Bill

I will post a few photo's of the saws on display tonight, try to get some action shots up tomorrow. There are quite a few local guys that don't participate on AS at this event and several have quite extensive collections. There was even one collecter here from Saskatchewan (that's Canada for you that graduated from HS after 1999).

Part of Scott's (McC) saws
attachment.php

More of McC saws, mine are at the farthest end from the photo
attachment.php

Steve Melzer (Z 4 lunch) with quality, not quantity
attachment.php

There were quite a few two man saws, seems I shot mostly the Yellow ones
attachment.php

Part of James Shimnioks collection on display
attachment.php

Mark

Last edited:
Kevin Krotenko from Saskatchewan brought a bunch of really intersting saws including the IEL in front with a 12 foot bar.
attachment.php

And a Jonsered XA - diesel powered. Very interesting watching him start the saw as it is started upside down so it appear the chain is running backwards. Is sounds surprisinly like any other old saw running.
attachment.php

That's Kevin in the straw hat making sure Bill G's truck doesn't fly away, and Bill working on the 73
attachment.php

Some of Roger Bennet's saws including a Homelite with the bar sticking out the wrong end.
attachment.php

More of Rogers wildly colorful saws. Not all of Roger's saws went home with him...don't ask how I know this for a fact but my truck is coming home even more filled than when I left.
attachment.php

Mark

Today went great. Our demonstration went off without a hitch. There were about 75 spectators at any given time during the 1 1/2 hour we were sawing. I'm pretty sure there were more saws here today than we have ever had, and a huge turnout of 2-man saws. I have video of all the cuts that were made, but will only be able to post a handful during the next couple weeks. It would be nice to have an iphone for that. We'll be there from 10 - 4 tomorrow, but I will be away from the saws some of the time to see the rest of the show.
Scott

More to see...

I always wanted a bow bar like that, and now I have one...
attachment.php

Getting started on the action shots, gear drive class first. My 55 did a fine job finishing third (I think)
attachment.php

Roger with a 650 Bow, the log was way too large for that saw but he did it anyway
attachment.php

Bill G and the venerable BLK, slow but steady
attachment.php

Scott and an old Mall???
attachment.php

Mark

Fantastic photos Mark! Thanks for putting them up.:cheers:

Congratulations Bill on the Gear Drive race. That's a great photo of you and your 3100G at work. You've got that 'man on a mission' look..........and the 3100G is really piling the wood at your feet.:yourock:

Our 5 In³ and under class, I lead off with my 7-10...another 3rd place finish if I remember
attachment.php

Roger with the eventual winner, a Husky 65 I believe
attachment.php

James and one of his many Homelites
attachment.php

Sorry, I don't know his name but that Poulan was loud, even for a Mac lover
attachment.php

Marty (Kingsley) brought a friend along who was not too familiar with running saws but had a chance to try his hand anyway
attachment.php

More 5 In³ & under photo's to come...

Mark

Latest posts

Back