McCulloch Carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbouvia

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This is my first post and I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to servicing chainsaws, and I have taken a pretty large leap and started to disassemble my fathers mid 60's McCulloch 250's. My biggest question is about the carbs, and where to get some rebuild kits. One saw is mainly being used as a parts saw for the other as one was not complete when I got it. One has a 58856C carb and the other has a 61853B carb. Any information on these two carbs would be great. Also any information on where to get that sweet McCulloch yellow would also be helpful as I want these two to look good as new when I am done with em. Thanks again

Scott

Hey guys,

This is my first post and I am pretty inexperienced when it comes to servicing chainsaws, and I have taken a pretty large leap and started to disassemble my fathers mid 60's McCulloch 250's. My biggest question is about the carbs, and where to get some rebuild kits. One saw is mainly being used as a parts saw for the other as one was not complete when I got it. One has a 58856C carb and the other has a 61853B carb. Any information on these two carbs would be great. Also any information on where to get that sweet McCulloch yellow would also be helpful as I want these two to look good as new when I am done with em. Thanks again

Scott

Scott i think them carbs were the original flat back carbs that mcculloch made themselves there are kits available but they are mighty pricey i think sugar creeek makes the diaphragms now and i think fayetteville equipment has some kits left over i have mac parts but none for that mac carb flat back type carbs
at least not yet anyhow

thanks
calvin

Latest posts

Back