McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turtle as long as the cover will fit and not bind, the center hole is the same and it will properly tension you should be ok. I've only seen one homelite set up for the bow and the cover was specific to that bow. If you have a spare cover lying around and it doesn't fit you could always notch it alil.

thanks ethar. i laid the bar on there and never thought of the cover. there was a relief on the case that gave clearance for the bow bar but will have to go back and check the adjuster and cover. at that point i guess i had a case of 'bow fever'. lol

Turtle, get ready for some noise, PM700's are loud. The real fun is putting it to wood. I ran my 700 against my 044 and the 700 had so much more torque there was no comparison, and that was with 20" bars on both buried in fir. In hardwood or with 28" bars the difference would be even greater. Now I like my 044 as it has AV and is two pounds lighter, but a 700 will amaze you. Enjoy the smile it gives you.

The 10-10's for being what they are will out cut alot of bigger saws also. Had a craftsman 60cc and my 10-10 out ran it same with my buddies stihl. Not sure of the model of it but it was a midrange one and he was so sure about it. Mac's in general will usually out run alot of other saws. It's the torque these saws produce.

McCulloch Chain

Anyone in here have any repair kits for 1/2" McCulloch chain? Alll I need are two to fix my chain that's broken. I have some Oregon pieces but they are larger than the McCulloch pieces and won't fit in the hole. They are .005 smaller than the Oregon links. I don't see any McCulloch 1/2" chain for sale at all ( yet ) but see Oregon 1/2" every now and then, all chipper. I got lucky and got a loop of 1/2" Oregon Chisel skip sequence chain for my 32" roller nose but I haven't used it yet. It has at least half to two thirds of life left in the teeth so it will last me awhile. I haven't run across anymore of that yet but the chipper chain doesn't seem to be too hard to locate. I have a brand spanking new loop of McCulloch Pro 1/2" chipper on my 797 and it cuts very well. I love that 1/2" chain for some reason I can't explain. Anyway someone PM me if you have what I need.

Anyone know how many drive links I would need on a 42" .404 chain for a 795? or If anyone has any chain of that length shoot me an offer, I would prefer semi chisel skip sequence if possible. thanks!

Aaron

bow bar

sawfun9- i'm ready for a mac smile :D here.
tried every which way to get the homelite bow to work.could reverse the adjuster tab and cut an extension on the oil hole but there just wasn't enough clearance between the top rail and the GAS TANK. the stud slot runs down the centerline of the bar, as you see in the OP.
i need a mac bow bar that has the stud slot cut more parallel to the top rail, lowering it and providing the clearance under the tank. i see where some bars have dual stud slots for reversing the bar (stihl).
oh well, i'll be happy with a big grin for now.

here's a pic of a mac bow bar, showing the offset stud slot. i don't like the drop nose effect this causes, as it brings the bar down nearer to the operators legs. definitely needs a guard on the bottom.

attachment.php

mcc I hope this helps this is all i could find. The bigger bars can be a pain to get a chain.

Pitch and gauge 7/16 X 058G Pitch and gauge 9/16 X 058G
44" 114e 90e

7/16" 9/16" ½"
42" 114e 90e 64e

McCulloch Fuel Ratio's

Gasoline 40-1 ratio 20-1 ratio
Custom Lubricant SAE 40 2 Cycle oil
=================================================================
1/2 US Gal ............................1.6 oz or 48ml (cc) 3.2 oz or 95 ml (cc)
1 US Gal ............................3.2 oz or 95ml ..........................6.4 oz or 190 ml
5 US Gal .............................16 oz or 475 ml ......................32.0 oz or 950 ml

1 Litre .....................................0.9 oz or 25ml .........................1.7 oz or 50 ml
5 litre ......................................4.3 oz or 125ml .......................8.5 oz or 250 ml
20 litre ..................................17.0 oz or 500ml ..................34.0 oz or 1000 ml

1 Imp Gal ...............................4.3 oz or 125ml ..........................8.6 oz or 250ml
2 Imp Gal ...............................8.6 oz or 250ml .........................17.1 oz or 500ml
5 Imp Gal .............................21.4 oz or 625ml .........................42.8 oz or 1250ml

Mixing procedure 40 parts gasoline to 20 parts gasoline to
1 part lubricant 1 part lubricant

Found this interesting. Guess you about need a degree in chem science to mix fuel for a Mac.

svk first thing how often are you going to use it, what size bar, do you know if it's the original rim. All these things need to be considered before anyone can give a good suggestion. Almost %99 percent of the time these on a 20 inch bar it takes a 70dl chain. If you can find carlton brand it lasts longer than oregon brand. I would suggest if you are doing daily cutting to go with a replaceable rim system. This way you have options on chain. I know with what I run my bars will take a .325 3/8 or .404. All I have to do is pop the clutch drum off and replace the rim with the one for the chain I am using. With it being a 2-10 you do have options for doing this because alot of parts interchange on the 10 series. Best of luck to you.

Is the 2-10 still on .354 pitch chain or is it on 3/8? Do you need a bar or does it have one? What type and size wood are you cutting?

It has a b+c with some life left in the chain. Figured I would surf theBay for a spare as you find the best deals when you don't need something.

I didn't take this picture (the saw is mine but haven't picked it up yet) but I think that looks like a 16" bar, which is more than enough for my use.

View attachment 314821

So I was just on Oregon's website and apparently this takes the same chain as my larger Husky and Jonny. Guess I lucked out as I have several 60 DL chains ready to go. Although please let me know if I am mistaken.

Thanks again.

Hi All,

Got my old SP60 running thanks to Ted and a carb kit. Now just need a good 18" bar and a loop of chain. My saw guy told me that he would have to order a "Total" brand bar. Don't know anything about the brand so thought I'd check with you guys. As far as chain, I'm going to try a loop of 3/8 full chisel Carlton. All opinions are welcome.

These are the numbers that came off the 20" Oregon bar that was on it: 7915 FN 200---D176

Thanks much, Carl

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/71126-1451.htm

Hi All,

Got my old SP60 running thanks to Ted and a carb kit. Now just need a good 18" bar and a loop of chain. My saw guy told me that he would have to order a "Total" brand bar. Don't know anything about the brand so thought I'd check with you guys. As far as chain, I'm going to try a loop of 3/8 full chisel Carlton. All opinions are welcome.

These are the numbers that came off the 20" Oregon bar that was on it: 7915 FN 200---D176

Thanks much, Carl

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw-stickies/71126-1451.htm

D176 is the mount type. Look for any oregon bar with that number. Of coarse, it will also need the 3/8 sprocket nose.

I've got some of that Carlton chain. It seems to suit me well.

Joey

Cut this one too today. Saw used was a DE80 with 32" bar. This tree was victim of a lighting strike. It was a touch over 30" where I cut it.

u7e9u3y3.jpg

2y9yma6a.jpg

6a6ebura.jpg

e5emysy4.jpg

Back