McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Drill and rivet on with a small alu rivet -and washer on the other side.make sure for correct possition.
E.
I never thought about a rivet. I would think with a hole in it still it would need some sort of sealer to prevent any leakage. I would rather glue it without putting a hole in it myself. Luckily Mark has an extra and is kind enough to let me have it so I can get my saw running again. Thanks for the idea though.

That diaphragm is a pretty rare find and very hard to get. I've got 4 of these saws and have been watching for one. I probably have the 1/2" if your looking to trade the .404?

Yes they are rather difficult to find.Sometimes other folks here are kind enough to help out. I haven't been here all that long, several months but I have had a few be right generous. I appreciate all the help others have given me and if I can help out with something I will. It's going to be nice to run that saw again. I had a deal worked out on a 77 but now the guy has seemed to fall off the face of the earth and won't respond back anymore. I want one of those saws real bad. An old beast of 120cc's just like my 49 would be interesting. I took my entire 49 apart and cleaned it up besides the crank and piston and man was it filthy. She is nice and clean now and also it made me see just how these operate. Very easy saw to work on and an interesting design. These are my favorite saws. I want one of each model from 3-25 to 4-30, 73 and 77. In time I will have them all. may take awhile but Ill find them. I'm just happy to be able to get my 49 running again. Still can't believe I have one of these. Never thought I would see one much less own one but I do now. I wish there was more info on these and I hope to find an owners manual one day. I found them for pretty much every other saw but this one. But being only produced for around two months it may be tough. I don't have a .404 sprocket on my 49 but a half inch and a winch gear I assume. I can get brand new 1/2" gear but haven't seen a .404 one yet.

Nick

.404 sprockets are available for the gear drive saws on e-bay from Bryce Stott (customchainsawparts) or from Discount Marine in MI.

1/2" pitch sprockets do come up from time to time, some go very reasonable and some are outlandish. You need to watch e-bay every week and have a little patience. I prefer 7 tooth for the 1/2" as the 6 tooth is quite small and prone to breaking if you really hit it with a load.

Mark

.404 sprockets are available for the gear drive saws on e-bay from Bryce Stott (customchainsawparts) or from Discount Marine in MI.

1/2" pitch sprockets do come up from time to time, some go very reasonable and some are outlandish. You need to watch e-bay every week and have a little patience. I prefer 7 tooth for the 1/2" as the 6 tooth is quite small and prone to breaking if you really hit it with a load.

Mark
And those diaphragms for the carb??? :)

Drill and rivet on with a small alu rivet -and washer on the other side.make sure for correct possition.
E.
Try riveting.I did it several times with success.(But not with big hammer!) Some sealent would be helpful.
All new style metering diaphr. are rivetet.

Regards!

Eberhard

Well, I know a guy that knows some guys, that have a cousin with a brother in law that found a place to get some once...

I have an ample supply of the double hook type for the older 3-25 saws, just a few of the later versions that fit the 4-30 and later saws. I have seen them on e-bay from time to time, probably paid over $35 for one when I had no other options.

Mark

Mark
I havent had any luck with discount marine. They just don't respond back at all. Real bad customer service. I'll never contact them again. Worst people I have ever dealt with looking for parts.

Nick

I saw some thing at the Ia./Mo. GTG that would warm any Mac lovers heart, two BP1's cant racing. Mark H and Awol going at it, priceless.

Most of the regulars that used to post here are now on the other website so that's why it's pretty quiet in here most of the time...

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk 2

I guess before long everybody's going to be over there... I've been hanging in here just seeing if any interest is still there but most of the time its quiet... So....

I recently got my hands on a super 2- 10 and I must say it really surprised me with its power. At 55 cc's it's a pretty stout saw. I was going to use it for the smaller stuff but it got enough power to cut up some bigger trees. Most of my saws are larger ones so it's going to take some getting used to this lightweight saw. It's got some good power though so I'm going to use it...

You need to add a 7-10 as well if you like that one.

I was hoping to find a 6-10 super but it may take awhile. I see many a 7-10 so i may go after one. I had a sweet deal on a PM800 looked like it was never used but that fell through... man that was a clean saw i wanted that one bad but oh well wasnt meant to be i guess...

Great... I did not want to get into the 10 series line of saws but you know how that goes. I really prefer the old heavy beasts they are my favorites. And i will not go after a BP1... I know all about it but have no interest in it. Ill take my 49 any day over one of those or even my Super 250. I dont get all the hype over it but its a matter of personal preference.

Its like you like the 10 series and 800, 850 saws etc... Thats all good its what your in to. I want the old beasts... 73,77,4-30,3-25, and other early models. I got the number one saw on my want list, the 49 so whatever else i get is no big deal really.

I do want to stay away from the 10 series line of saws though and not get off track in my collecting field. The super 2-10 was cheap and i was curious about it. I do have a 10-10S but it needs a cap and tank leak fixed. Thats it for 10 series saws im done with them. I have two thats enough.

I have to focus on what i really want which are the early models and the top tank saws like 440, 740, 797, etc. I cant afford them all so have to be selective. In time ill get what im looking for im only 50 so i have some time ahead of me to look around a bit...

Nick

Has the PM800 been sold or just too much money? None of my business but I do like those 800s. Ron

The one that I was trying to get I have no clue but it probably is gone. I sent the guy a postal money order and he thought it was fake. Man was about 80 years old and just grumpy as hell so he said deals off and sent it back to me. That was a while back so I know it's gone by now. It's a shame because it was like new ...

Nick

Back