McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. A PM6 carcass came to the rescue with a good condenser. 61650 / 85358 condensers are prevalent among the junk box carnage. The Homie 63626 is a good tip just in case. I think they're all Phelon 08466 condensers from all the reading I did on the subject the other day. Just now came up with a WICO Prestolite version cross-ref'd to the Homelite number. Too bad the blue coil death isn't as easily remedied! Ever figure out that Husky coil part number, btw? Still firing?

And speaking of PM850's, I'm on the lookout for a project if anyone has one in a box needing a new bench to call home!

Yep. A PM6 carcass came to the rescue with a good condenser. 61650 / 85358 condensers are prevalent among the junk box carnage. The Homie 63626 is a good tip just in case. I think they're all Phelon 08466 condensers from all the reading I did on the subject the other day. Just now came up with a WICO Prestolite version cross-ref'd to the Homelite number. Too bad the blue coil death isn't as easily remedied! Ever figure out that Husky coil part number, btw? Still firing?

And speaking of PM850's, I'm on the lookout for a project if anyone has one in a box needing a new bench to call home!
That coil works well. No definative number, but it is off of the 154/254 carcass (99% sure). Pretty common coil. Not too tough to make a mounting bracket for, and the timing is within the key. Fires up every time. Snappy throttle response like OEM.

The one on the right has a 450, 550, or super 550 cover but as far as I know, those were all originally black. Turn the saw upside down and post a picture of the numbers stamped in the block.

The bottom one should be an 80cc Mac 250 as its cover denotes. The other number I found nothing on and on longer have a 550 to check it against. My guess is a a 450 or 550. Someone else may be able to help you better. If you pull the muffler and measure the bore, that measurement may also help.

I have three 450's and they are all stamped 450.
I have three 550's and they are stamped 63436.
I have one Super 550 and it has no stamping.
They all have the kill switch on the top face of the recoil cover, as do my super 250 and 380.
The regular 250's, 200's 1-4x, 1-5x, have the kill switch on the side of the recoil cover.
Hope this helps!
Eric
P.S. - I'll call dibs on the one on the left ;)

I asked previously about vacuum testing a pro Mac 700. I replaced the missing dsp cleanout screw and I still had a major leak. I started looking and I found the source of the leak. The plastic spacer between the tank and cylinder was broken. It must have been cracked and broke when I tightened the bolts. Without my vacuum tester I would have been chasing that one for a while. I got a new one ordered so I should be back in business.
6cad45b4ae18317aa0710109feb014ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A vac/pressure test setup can save a lot of time and aggravation. It pays for itself when it saves its first top end.

I knew something was wrong with my saw because it was idling way too fast. I immediately shut off the saw and vacuum/pressure tested it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noted this over in the 10-10 thread as well, ran my PM55 and PM850 long and hard today making firewood size blocks from several large elm stems. This stuff splits miserably so I just took advantage of the saws and noodled and milled them into firewood size blocks. I am whipped tonight.

Mark

I noted this over in the 10-10 thread as well, ran my PM55 and PM850 long and hard today making firewood size blocks from several large elm stems. This stuff splits miserably so I just took advantage of the saws and noodled and milled them into firewood size blocks. I am whipped tonight.

Mark
I feel like that would waste a fair amount of wood, you need a hydraulic splitter. I've got one and it makes short work of elm, if it won't split it, it will smash it in half

I feel like that would waste a fair amount of wood, you need a hydraulic splitter. I've got one and it makes short work of elm, if it won't split it, it will smash it in half
He said it splits miserably...[emoji3]
Probably that stringy, knotty "pi$$ elm"
That's what my grandpa called it, after attempting to split it by hand, he said,
"Pi$$ on it" and got different wood...
BTDT.

Latest posts

Back