McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of the direct drive RH start 10 Series saws are interchangeable. If you can't find anything local, I can help.

1-10

IMG_3824 (640x480).jpg

2-10 PS

IMG_3861 (640x480).jpg

3-10

DSCN4594.jpg

Sorry, no 4-10 photo available. 5-10 photo courtesy of Drew Crane

McCulloch 5-10 DC 6.jpg

6-10 (Super)

Super 6-10 1.jpg

10-10 RH

DSC04682.JPG

The clutch cover/starter housing on all of these saws will also accommodate the full wrap bars I had made up.

20170707_200447.jpg

Mark

All of the direct drive RH start 10 Series saws are interchangeable. If you can't find anything local, I can help.

1-10

View attachment 621977

2-10 PS

View attachment 621978

3-10

View attachment 621979

Sorry, no 4-10 photo available. 5-10 photo courtesy of Drew Crane

View attachment 621980

6-10 (Super)

View attachment 621981

10-10 RH

View attachment 621983

The clutch cover/starter housing on all of these saws will also accommodate the full wrap bars I had made up.

View attachment 621984

Mark

you in contact w/drew crane, or old pic?

I don't know anything about the Danarm 55 except that it looked an awful lot like a 1-10 and Mike Acres sight says they were very similar.

I am looking forward to going through this one and see what it will take to make it run again.

Mark

Mark,

I have several parts saws and a manual, Give me a day or two to scan it, and if you get stuck for a part happy to help.

I will upload some pics of UK McCulloch models I have, and throw in a couple of Danarm's into the mix too.

Roland

OK here is some New Years eve Yellowness and a bit of blue thrown in too from the UK.

To start with a Pro mac 555 and 700. The 555 has been put on a short bar and .325 chain and an 8 tooth sprocket. The speed of this combo chopping small stuff is amazing. The saw has a little more intake duration, and ports tidied up. The 700 is standard and very impressive, and I think its the best 10 series I own.
555 and PM700.JPG

Its Danarm competitor is the 1-71-ss. I have 3 of these, one standard, and the others quite tweaked. They are heavy and cumbersome compared to the 700, but very smooth.

danarm 1-71-ss (1).JPG

More Later!

Roland

Moving on to 82 CC,

I have a pro mac 800 and 850. The 800 is a disappointment. Its almost as new. A Q port non decomp job. All RPM and short of torque. I have taken it apart and its perfect, no issues. A shame its a good looking saw.850 and 800.JPG The 850 is a relatively recent addition and so far it lives up to its reputation, a compact powerhouse! Its Danarm competitor could be the 1-93-se. I have never seen one, seems to be very scarce. It appears to be a big bore cylinder on the 1-71-ss, and would probably be a more appropriate 93 CC's for its frame.

These saws are uncommon over here, the Germans and Scandinavians had well and truly got our saw market by this time.

Roland

250Super early bar.JPG Jumping back to my 555, I should had mentioned the exhaust had rotted out when I got it. A Danarm 55 stack fitted perfectly, even behind the long brake cover. this gives some idea how close the Danarm 55 is to the 10 series.

Moving on to large frame saws, I have never seen a MccCulloch gear drive in any form show up over here, nor a 125.
I have a few 250 Supers, a later USA built black top and several early Canadian built yellow tops.Pair Super 250's.JPG The Yellow tops are interesting. Contrary to advise on t'internet, both of mine are manual oiler only. The one pictured is a low hour saw, with I think likely original hard nose bar. This one has an air leak on a seal, but its a very strong saw. The black top is a torque monster, and I reserve it for nasty jobs like railway sleepers as its got a .404 chipper chain.
250 Super early (2).JPG

Happy New Year in advance to all, and thanks RolandM for the photos & information. It may be some weeks or months before I get to the Danarm but I am looking forward to that project.

Ray - I understand the Mk3 version is rather advanced from the Mk 1 & 2 versions but when I get to that one I very well may get back to you & ask for a copy.

If you like a PM700, find a fresh 7-10...

Mark

Now this is the strongest saw I have. Mcculloch 595. This is a Belgium assembled saw according to the label.

I think it may be described as a 550 Super according to quick look at bore and stroke. This thing certainly hauls a chain. I have just put an ebay find 24" sprocket nose bar on it, and really it wants something more. However, long bars are just not fashionable over here. I am looking forward to trying this out, just waiting for something suitably big to cut up!
595 (2).JPG

595 (1).JPG

Its Danarm competitor could have been the 110, but this is well down on power. My Danarm 125 cannot match the 595 either. The Danarms are very light and sound most impressive, but they both will boil your blood, the Mcculloch is a much more refined machine.

Danarm 125.JPG

Danarm 110.JPG

As we approach the end of the year, I recommend the Scotch Jura or the Cognac as you prefer!

2017_1231_212700_001.JPG

Roland V AKA Belgian also has a 595 which was apparently the designation they used for the European version of the Super 550. I think he also has or had a European labeled Super 250 that was 295 or 395??

I believe the yellow top Super 250 is 80 cc and the later black top version was 87 cc.

Mark

I think all the Canadian made Super 250's had yellow top covers. Not sure on the displacement though.

Latest posts

Back