McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit off topic I admit, but how do you pull up a sale that has ended without a link to it? Just curious, and if you have a link I'd be interested. You guys are BAD, now I'm thinking I might need a 797 to compare my SP125 to. And I told Susan I was done buying saws. JR

Go to the main ebay page and type in
mcculloch 797 hit search, when that
page comes up scroll down a little and
on the left look for completed listings.
Click on that and there you have it.

Lee

I look forward to hearing it in person. I have one tree my dad wants cut down that will be big enough for a 797. Cant wait to see how much power it has.

Yes I did steal that. I jump out of my seat when I found it and ran to my wife and started pleading my case. And told her if I wait around it will be gone. Great buy on the 32" roller nose. What do you type to search for them. I just type in Mcculloch bar and dont usually find much. The last one I saw went for about 180 on ebay. I would love to find something in the range of 40"-60" range. Dont need anything that big except for one tree maybe. But I dont need 123cc's either.

Thanks, that one was luck. I have had most of my luck on the auction style and not the buy it now.

Are the decomp valves hard to find? I know for sure thats missing.

Good job Brian! I have been doing searches for Mcculloch 797 off and on all week. I'd done one less than a day before you got that saw. There were no 797's with BIN. Don't think there were any current 797 auctions going at that time at all. The seller must have just put that listing up before you found and bought it. Great score!:cheers:

Go to the main ebay page and type in
mcculloch 797 hit search, when that
page comes up scroll down a little and
on the left look for completed listings.
Click on that and there you have it.

Lee

Thanks Lee. Gonna go check that now and see just how jealous of Brian I should be!:popcorn:

Edit:Found the listing. You lucky bum Brian. Hope that flatback gives you less trouble than the one on your Super250. Don't think the 797 has had the 'extended bath' time that your Super250 had though. Looks like it'll clean up nice. I like how the seller said, "Has an old Oregon 28" roller nose bar and old .404 chain. If you don't want those I'll take them off, or if you do it will mean increased shipping." or words to that effect. Like as if you wouldn't want a 28" roller nose bar...:givebeer:

Last edited:
Good job Brian! I have been doing searches for Mcculloch 797 off and on all week. I'd done one less than a day before you got that saw. There were no 797's with BIN. Don't think there were any current 797 auctions going at that time at all. The seller must have just put that listing up before you found and bought it. Great score!:cheers:

Thanks Lee. Gonna go check that now and see just how jealous of Brian I should be!:givebeer:

I check Mac newly listed items almost everyday. I had just checked the night before, right before I went to bed. Then that morning I after I finished my lawn work I checked again while I was cooling off. So it must have just been listed. I think I checked in the morning too before I went to do yard work. I know it sounds like I dont have a life and spend too much time on here and ebay.:givebeer:

Here is the auction,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150480034579&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

paging Dr Reed

Somebody put a call to vector control, this Yellow Fever is way outta hand and spreading faster than a chili fart.
You young-guns are really hooked on the bigger, badder end of things, go all out.
You-all do realize that once you tie into a 797, it will ruin you for life. Just look at Lee, I expect a 797 powered Mac15 anytime now.

It's Typhoid Larry...

Somebody put a call to vector control, this Yellow Fever is way outta hand and spreading faster than a chili fart.
You young-guns are really hooked on the bigger, badder end of things, go all out.
You-all do realize that once you tie into a 797, it will ruin you for life. Just look at Lee, I expect a 797 powered Mac15 anytime now.

Well Mr Enabler.........................if you'd been more persuasive in trying to sell me that Super 250 three years ago...............then I'd be in the Goofy Goose Hat club, and wouldn't be gunnin' for the BIG Macs....:givebeer:

Chroming out a Mac question

What are the fit-ment crosses for the Fan housing and cylinder shroud for the 890-840 chassis. Talking CHROME!!!!!

Does a 101A and 101B fan housing fit the 890-840 chassis?

And does the 101A and 101B cylinder shroud fit the 890-840 chassis?

THANKS GUYS!!!!

What are the fit-ment crosses for the Fan housing and cylinder shroud for the 890-840 chassis. Talking CHROME!!!!!

Does a 101A and 101B fan housing fit the 890-840 chassis?

And does the 101A and 101B cylinder shroud fit the 890-840 chassis?

THANKS GUYS!!!!

The kart cylinder shroud would be very
different and wouldn't cover the muffler.
But you might be able to make it fit.
The flywheel shroud i believe will fit from
a 101A or B motor.
The cylinder cover on my 797G i had chromed
and that part looks great.

Lee

Far as I know, Teddy, they don't cross over. The "hood" though is aluminum and can be stripped and polished. I just did this to my D44. I used CitriStrip and let it sit overnight each time. Took 3 times to get all the paint off.
attachment.php

Brian,

I did a search for McCulloch Chainsaw newly listed. It had come up as a buy it now within an hour of my search so I pulled the trigger...

Thanks Lee for covering the search for old listings.

I have no experince with the kart hoods, but it seems to me they do not cover the muffler at all. Clearance around the different decomp valve might be an issue, too. As for the fan shroud, It might work if paired with the kart hood, but not with the flipper hood. The 700/800 hoods are squared off, the kart/SP hoods are rounded... FWIW. Can't wait to see your project Teddy.

Thanks Lee and CPR!

I will be awhile!
Just trying to get everything together and still going thru your 2 threads getting to know the saw and such before I tear into it and try to getting it together!

Thanks guys!

That is a nice looking saw cpr. Is that the one you got saran wrapped. What was the buy it now price? It seems they have been going for around 100$ this week.

Last edited:
Edit:Found the listing. You lucky bum Brian. Hope that flatback gives you less trouble than the one on your Super250. Don't think the 797 has had the 'extended bath' time that your Super250 had though. Looks like it'll clean up nice. I like how the seller said, "Has an old Oregon 28" roller nose bar and old .404 chain. If you don't want those I'll take them off, or if you do it will mean increased shipping." or words to that effect. Like as if you wouldn't want a 28" roller nose bar...:givebeer:
I really hope this carb works a little better. And yes this one does not look like it has outside for the last 20 years. I definitely took the bar. This will be my first roller nose bar. I am almost as excited about that as I am the saw.

Yeah, it is the freezer burned Mac... Got it on a outright auction win for $109.40 plus shipping. The new fuel line is already here. Still waiting on the rim and drum and the air filter... as for the carb, time will tell. I refuse to begin this project until the D44 is DONE. Standing in my way is that project, work around the homestead, OT at work, and the Armada and Sanilac County Fairs. NTPA Region II tomorrow and the big-purse Fair classes this weekend plus TTPA on Monday = no time for saws, unfortunately... That's okay, I'd rather be tractor pulling than sawing this time of year anyway!

Yeah, it is the freezer burned Mac... Got it on a outright auction win for $109.40 plus shipping. The new fuel line is already here. Still waiting on the rim and drum and the air filter... as for the carb, time will tell. I refuse to begin this project until the D44 is DONE. Standing in my way is that project, work around the homestead, OT at work, and the Armada and Sanilac County Fairs. NTPA Region II tomorrow and the big-purse Fair classes this weekend plus TTPA on Monday = no time for saws, unfortunately... That's okay, I'd rather be tractor pulling than sawing this time of year anyway!

I know what you are talking about. It seems like if I am not working, I am watching the kids. That is right on with the two that ended this week. I was able to get all the parts for the carb pretty easy. And all together it was about 50$. Just the diaphragm and gasket s 25$ though. Hopefully it just needs cleaning.

I really hope this carb works a little better. And yes this one does not look like it has outside for the last 20 years. I definitely took the bar. This will be my first roller nose bar. I am almost as excited about that as I am the saw.

Well done on the 797 and the roller nose bar - it will be a nice combo. You will have to post some pics when it arrives, and let us know how you go with it.

I was inspired to get out my Super 797 and fit it out with a 42" roller nose and .404 semi chisel / full comp arrangement. I had just fitted up another 40" roller nose bar and chain to one of my SP125's, and thought it would make a good photo.

Congrats again on that 797!

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back