McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today im no longer a 82cc mac virgin:) its like having a big bore dirt bike on your arms was cutting very very hard blue gum it's been down 5 or 6 years and concrete hard well the 800 just chews through it like pine I am very impressed indeed. Still not sure if ive nailed the tuning or weather im fussy or scared but it 4 strokes no load and isnt screaming so I geuss all is well have been keeping it on the richer side incase anyways. Now just need a bigger bar the 20 is too small 24 would be nice. Whats the opinions on sugi hara on a mac? View attachment 653580

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/380263996399

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/123066077065

Well, here are some pics. Mark just confirmed for me we have a late super pro 81 with points ignition. I can't figure out how to upload a vid though
26a29cde896bd55ffe76da5b95285598.jpg
8fa8f2b05a779be3b83b09be155d6b9c.jpg
24e0ae8aefa2498cb64d790b95eaa5b2.jpg
1fa9686b8a89656b33d15dc7862468cb.jpg
7936770f2ec1d0d172507a205100bcb7.jpg
76da268e74c8d11b5a812022a8bd7d7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys it works out around 200nz at the door a flash replaceable tip sugi hara is like 130 i would love a mac bar but its a working saw so seems a bit silly. Could almost pay for a starter housing with the change IF one turns up one day

I don't know much about MACs and very little about this series. I'm pretty sure someone (maybe Mark?) said that bracket was a weak link on the AV on the CP models and the SP models got a sturdier bracket. Presumably the rivets and strap on mine would make a believer out of me.

I don't know if the SP bracket will fit on mine or not but there seems to be some available on ebay.

I appreciate your offer but you know how that goes. You'd send something and another saw would drop in your lap. Never say never.

I will need to repair the threads on the recoil cover before I do anything.

Tonight I'm in a saw happy place.
Tim, I've got to go lock up the shop.. I'll click a couple pics.. Won't hurt my feelings to lose this saw.. Kinda working now on an ECHO 1001, and a Stihl 042. I'm working on backups for a j-rod 2095 that's in the milling machine. I'm not big saw poor..worse come to worse, I'll strap in a Homey C-5, C-52, or C-72, or my reliable (sometimes), 1050...it's been having a little fuel delivery problem. Just haven't been filter fishing yet..anyway, I'll get those pics done. Maybe I can find a number or two on it... Cheers. K

I don't know much about MACs and very little about this series. I'm pretty sure someone (maybe Mark?) said that bracket was a weak link on the AV on the CP models and the SP models got a sturdier bracket. Presumably the rivets and strap on mine would make a believer out of me.

I don't know if the SP bracket will fit on mine or not but there seems to be some available on ebay.

I appreciate your offer but you know how that goes. You'd send something and another saw would drop in your lap. Never say never.

I will need to repair the threads on the recoil cover before I do anything.

Tonight I'm in a saw happy place.
O. K. Tim. Here's whateyegot!. How ya like that word.. I'm quite a salesman hugh?.has a rim sprocketIMG_20180521_231051.jpg IMG_20180521_230749.jpg IMG_20180521_230724.jpg IMG_20180521_230705.jpg

Today im no longer a 82cc mac virgin:) its like having a big bore dirt bike on your arms was cutting very very hard blue gum it's been down 5 or 6 years and concrete hard well the 800 just chews through it like pine I am very impressed indeed. Still not sure if ive nailed the tuning or weather im fussy or scared but it 4 strokes no load and isnt screaming so I geuss all is well have been keeping it on the richer side incase anyways. Now just need a bigger bar the 20 is too small 24 would be nice. Whats the opinions on sugi hara on a mac? View attachment 653580

I'd run, at a minimum, a 28 inch bar on an 82cc Mac. I've got a 28 om my PM60. The big wood is pretty much gone here, but at least I don't have to bend over so far while bucking firewood!
John

I'd run, at a minimum, a 28 inch bar on an 82cc Mac. I've got a 28 om my PM60. The big wood is pretty much gone here, but at least I don't have to bend over so far while bucking firewood!
John
Yea the 20 is far too short. A guy down the road has nos Windsor hard nose 28s real cheap. How much power does a hard nose gobble? My comango has a hard nose but its very tired power wise so no real experience

Jethro, I agree the price gets steep for the Mac bar in NZ. Here in the USA, my bar/chain cost as much as I paid for the PM60, but the look on my Husky owning neighbor's face when he saw the huge McCulloch logo on the bar of "that noisy Mac" was priceless!

You are that!
Were you looking to ditch the whole saw or parting it out?

I could use a few parts but the cost of shipping that beast whole is prohibitive. The last time I checked it was $100+ US to ship a saw to Canada. which is like $130+ Canadian.
I just had one shipped from Canada to the states and it was 53 CAD. so about 44 U.S.

I just had one shipped from Canada to the states and it was 53 CAD. so about 44 U.S.

It is good going that way and I've shipped some saws and stuff south. Coming this way, It's likely tripled in the last 2 years. I wouldn't take shipments from UPS as they try to rip you off at this end with a $50 additional charge or more for "customs BS".

I try to combine stuff if I order from the US or use suppliers that have good postal rates.

Fed-X is not good either.

And did it weigh 25lbs? LOL

Cool score, Tim. That one should be lots of fun for a long time!

Picked up this little guy in a mini-score of my own a couple days ago. It's in remarkably good condition under all the funk. Been well used, but well taken care of until it got put away for who knows how long before I got it. Killer compression. Bright blue spark. Tank is spotless. Brand new Stihl chain and paint is still on the bar nuts. Gotta love the oil tank cap, tho. Not sure what someone was thinking there..., unless it was for draining the tank without making a mess..., which is actually a pretty good idea if ya think about it. Only obvious issues I've found so far is a sticky recoil and the fuel line is sloppy at the tank and will leak. Fingers crossed for a good tank seal.

0522181334_resized.jpg

0522181334a_resized.jpg

0522181338_resized.jpg

And yep...., it has one o' these.

0522181340_resized.jpg

Mix and starting instructions where you'd never lose em, if you ever found em in the first place.

0522181340a_resized.jpg

Pogo that one I just brought into the states was that sp81 I just got. Might not have been 25, but not a feather either lol

They have size breaks and generous weight breaks. Just because it's light doesn't mean much. I think it cost about $58 CDN to ship a Solo 60135 with bar to the US east coast but cost $27 to ship a 20" bar to Wyoming and 5 of the same bars around $40 headed to corn country.

Back