McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super 250 roll call: present!

attachment.php

Good to see you!!

The origins of the Super 250 Club go back to May of 2008, the founding members are the Amazing Mr Bowsaw, St. McBob and myself. Many others have followed in the quest for the perfect chainsaw.

Mac250SAnimSuper.gif

Membership only requires that you own one and wearing that ####edup hat.
Please make a post with pic in the Super 250 thread, in the McCulloch clique group.

Good to see you!!

The origins of the Super 250 Club go back to May of 2008, the founding members are the Amazing Mr Bowsaw, St. McBob and myself. Many others have followed in the quest for the perfect chainsaw.

Mac250SAnimSuper.gif

Membership only requires that you own one and wearing that ####edup hat.
Please make a post with pic in the Super 250 thread, in the McCulloch clique group.

Glad to be sliding back in here. It's championship week, after this I'll get back into the saws... Working on points tables for right now as a matter of fact...

thanks guys, you were right after 2 days of bucking oil stopped dropping.
Still one concern I have is what will happen when the chain breaks?
anybody experience that? cloth hands in gloves and mask on face will protect me from injury ? how about arms, can chain snap and cut your arm off?

Roland, we conspired together, your sunny disposition led us to issue that shirt. BTW nobody will wear it, just what did you do while wearing that shirt?
I still have the ####edup hat though, and it is far worse than the shirt. Just kidding there is nothing worse than the shirt.

thanks guys, you were right after 2 days of bucking oil stopped dropping.
Still one concern I have is what will happen when the chain breaks?
anybody experience that? cloth hands in gloves and mask on face will protect me from injury ? how about arms, can chain snap and cut your arm off?

Hey motif!
I have had chains come off saws X4 bigger then yours,
Just wear gloves that have gauntlets and a long sleeve shirt.
A saw is a tool, just be aware and KEEP cutting!
You should become comfortable, just do not become complacent!!!!
You are in good here!
Your next saw has to be about 20 years older though!!!! That's when the fun will start!

Hey motif!
You are in good here!
Your next saw has to be about 20 years older though!!!! That's when the fun will start!

thanks, that's a relief :) so they don't do fun chainsaws anymore that I need to buy 20 years old one?

I have to say wood work with chainsaw is very addictive, I can't wait when I come back home and start it up my new baby :chainsawguy: plus, I'm not sure if this is a good sign but when I see a tree now I'm thinking what would be the best way to fell it with my chainsaw... :blob2:

Last edited:
thanks, that's a relief :) so they don't do anymore fun chainsaws anymore that I need to buy 20 years old one?

I have to say wood work with chainsaw is very addictive, I can't wait when I come back home and start it up my new baby :chainsawguy: plus, I'm not sure if this is a good sign but when I see a tree now I'm thinking what would be the best way to fell it with my chainsaw... :blob2:

Yes they do make some fun chainsaws now, the fun ones are not stock and are not grey and orange. If you want real fun, you need to go back as far as the 1970s or even farther. Maybe a 10-10 would be good for you.
It is good to keep an active interest, visualizing felling and bucking will help you when you have the opportunity to do some sawing. When you have time, pop up to the Forestry and Logging forum, there are many discussions on falling and bucking. Tons of good pics and anecdotes, there is plenty of just plain bull#### there too.

Hey motif!
You are in good here!

don't give him CAD till he gets to no the little saw first

Yes they do make some fun chainsaws now, the fun ones are not stock and are not grey and orange. If you want real fun, you need to go back as far as the 1970s or even farther. Maybe a 10-10 would be good for you.
It is good to keep an active interest, visualizing felling and bucking will help you when you have the opportunity to do some sawing. When you have time, pop up to the Forestry and Logging forum, there are many discussions on falling and bucking. Tons of good pics and anecdotes, there is plenty of just plain bull#### there too.

If youre going to send him to an older saw why not a 50s-60s saw like a mac 15 or even as small as a home c-52

hi anyone knows how many Mac kartsaw 101 rpm max can be obtained considering that I've seen that has points and condenser? pipe I mean fully modified, big alcohol carburetor, etc.

I do not think that repetitively asking the same question is going to generate any additional information for you. Why not take advantage of the Google toolbar on your computer and do a little research on your own?

If anyone has a 797 or even 101 cylinder they would like to sell pleas shoot me a PM. I think I am going to be looking for a new cylinder for my 797 project.

Back