McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if this is the correct place for a"please help Identify this old McCulloch" Moderator may want to relocate.

Ive got this old
428371-da4b27261ca3f682cccb12efe63c181d.jpg
Mac w
428372-ba487f78404ad5497a1aea6ceba22e34.jpg
ith a bore of 2.27" and
428373-085681bc2dfac29c10ea6e3873560f0e.jpg
stamping of 66019 on the case. Any info appreciated.
66019 is a 101 block

Attachments

• MC101IPL.pdf
    923.4 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Guys! The knowledge here on this site is awesome.

Got it from a family of an old timber faller here in Bend, OR that passed. He used to cut up in Alaska too. Fuel tank is rotted out but all else is salvageable. I guess I'll seek out a 790 fuel tank (I'll see if it has a part number on it). Mark, Ray -thanks again!

As you likely know, the Titan saws with the upright cylinders were "made in an Italian McCulloch factory" so it is most likely there is another saw out there that uses the same part(s). Maybe someone over in the Olympic, Olympik, Oleo Mac, Emac, … thread can shed some light on the subject.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...-blitz-folux-spartan-spartacus-thread.160468/

The McCulloch IPL that I have does not break the pump down into parts but contains one part number (229303) for the whole oil pump assembly. The 35-40 pump looks similar in the IPL drawings but carries a different part number. The 50-57 pump appears to be quite different in design judging from the IPL drawings.

Mark

I saw a new one today, I was fixing the oiler on a PM700. The manual oiler was stuck and no oil comes out with saw running or pushing button.

I’ll save you the couple hours of cussing as I took the saw apart several times. Turns out that the saw would oil fine with the manual button until I started it and then the manual oiler would lock up. I would remove the auto oiler and clean it out and reinstall just to have the same thing happen again. I ran kerosene through it and it seemed fine. I could hear the check balls rattle after cleaning. Finally I threw the auto oiler in the trash and installed another one and it works great.

I have literally rebuilt hundreds of Macs back in the day and haven’t had that happen.

I hope this helps someone one day.

I figured I’m not the only one here that’s had that problem. I was hoping someone can give me a breakdown of how that happens. I lost patience to dismantle the auto oiler and inspect b

I figured I’m not the only one here that’s had that problem. I was hoping someone can give me a breakdown of how that happens. I lost patience to dismantle the auto oiler and inspect b

I don't have much luck with the auto oilers eather I have a 7-10 that would oil a 50 inch bar and won't turn down I have an alloy case 1 that's perfect and the rest kinda dribble a bit or not at all. I pull them out they seem to pump fine in the hand but on the saw na piss all at all I'm manually oiling a 32 inch bar at the mo too and that's getting rather annoying mite flog the exxon valdez 7-10 pump for that 1

The other thing is dam that spring clip thing is a pain in the ass to get right jeez.

Well part of Blind Squirrel Felling was out at the wood lot today cutting. I have been under the weather lately and was needing some chainsaw therapy, Some MAC therapy. Cut for a while but it got just too hot to cut. I only used my 10-10S but it felt great to have a saw back in my hands. Was not cutting big stuff, just had the 20" bar on it, but what a saw. I really like that saw.
View attachment 744009

I have been working on Ron's SP125C. Needless to say it had a few leaks. I am replacing all seals and gaskets. It should be 100% for the up coming firewood season. This is Ron's favorite 125 so it has to be right.
View attachment 744012
It's in a bunch more pieces right now but should be as good as new when I finish.

Speaking of Ron. What a great and wonderful person. This is my reward for going down to Mississippi and getting his new to him firewood tractor. When he get's it setup setup, it will be great. Very nice tractor.
View attachment 744013
A PM805. with very few hours. I was going to take it with me today but I want to give it a good cleaning and the manual oiler rod seams like has came out of socket and needs to be put back into place. Nothing big, just a few mins fix and it will be a great saw. I so love the MAC 82cc saws. Ron turned me onto them a few years ago with a PM800 and they have been my favorite saw ever sense. He also threw in a brand new 24" MAC bar. Can not beat that combo. Thank You Rom.

Brian

What a nice post. And yes there an impressive saw with a 24

I think the variations in the automatic oil pump are related to how well the phenolic diaphragm fits in the bore of the pump body, the better the fit the more efficient the pumping action with the change in crankcase pressure/vacuum.

Joey - I ran into a similar issue on the Mini Mac automatic pumps. It was all related to how far the metal insert was pressed inside the pump body, it the holes didn't align properly the oil could not pass and it would pressurize to the point it locked up. Worked fine out of the saw since you (I) was moving the piston by hand and going past the opening with the small metal rod (piston assembly) but in the saw it would not work. I was reminded of a Service Bulletin I saw that described exactly how far the insert was to be pressed in (apparently a number of units left the factory with the inserts improperly positioned) and I finally took a close look at it. The 10 Series plastic body pumps have a similar insert so I suppose it is possible for them to be incorrectly positioned. Pull that one back out of the trash can and see if you can see anything amiss.

First photo show the Mini Mac automatic pump "exploded view"

IMG_5154.JPG

Second photo shows the insert inside the plastic body on the 10 Series pump

DSCN5923.JPG

Mark

Hi fellas,I picked up this real nice PM700 on Ebay last week.It runs beautifully,but has a broken chain brake handle.I took the recoil off to see if it needed to be cleaned inside.This saw was by far the dirtiest in the recoil of all the saws I've ever taken apart.Without exaggerating it had 1/2 in.of oil & sawdust on the inside of that poor recoil.Here are some pics.I put a 24 in.B&C on it.
Ed

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

Nice lo0ker there. Its amazing how many chain saws,push mowers,garden tractors,riding mowers & other Outdoor Power Equipment I've seen either for sale or just sitting in garages/sheds that have had obviously no regular maintenance or even a cleaning in 20,30,40 years of use. :dumb2:

Its no wonder so many owners will say "It just wont start,I don't know what to do" or "It run good yesterday/last week/month/year so it should be just fine...." :crazy2:

What's your temperature this time of the year? As Brian said around here is is too hot to enjoy cutting. Ron

Umm at the moment -2 -4 C about the coldest it gets in the morning by the coast inland -10 and ruthless frosts and snow is normal and if the sun comes out it mite make 10 or 15c during the day at the warmest. If a southerly whips up it will feel like 0 all day as the southerly comes straight from Antarctica. Daylight at 8am dark at 5:30. Other than short days it's a nice time to be cutting last year I got heat stroke cutting in 35c so yeah if it's too hot then it's too hot

Latest posts

Back