McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perfect thank you very much. I never noticed the flattened section under the clutch cover. You have answered another question too of the clutch cover I was wondering what they (mcculloch) did to the cover to fit the handle rather than just grind away a bit yours seems to be designed for the wrap It's also taller than the pm10-10 handles I intend to butcher.

Cool saw vinny the right hand start will be nice I think not that I've ever tried 1

Put a heap of gas through some saws today a couple gallons mostly the 800 and 70020190729_093118.jpg
Fueling up20190729_093214.jpg have another 5 of these huge logs to cut up20190729_114834.jpg
And the wife had a wee go with the 800 lol20190729_161245.jpg 20190729_161238.jpg
She did very well too

Man those are some narly trees. Looks like fun though, and good workout.

They are narly indeed. Another guy cut the last three down so the new irrigator can go over and a 20t digger has burnt all the brush and all we have left is the logs so a lot easier to deal with now but still some of them my 32 inch bar is just getting to the middle

Perfect thank you very much. I never noticed the flattened section under the clutch cover. You have answered another question too of the clutch cover I was wondering what they (mcculloch) did to the cover to fit the handle rather than just grind away a bit yours seems to be designed for the wrap It's also taller than the pm10-10 handles I intend to butcher.

Cool saw vinny the right hand start will be nice I think not that I've ever tried 1

Put a heap of gas through some saws today a couple gallons mostly the 800 and 700View attachment 749946
Fueling upView attachment 749947 have another 5 of these huge logs to cut upView attachment 749948
And the wife had a wee go with the 800 lolView attachment 749949 View attachment 749950
She did very well too
hell yeah man!!!

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Dammit, Pete! I want that saw. LOL Wish you weren't so far away.

And Jethro -- wonder what ol Buckin' Billy Ray would say about that knarly-ass stuff you're cutting after bein' so spoiled on those soft-ass Doug Fir telephone poles he has so much fun with. Must be nice cuttin' them all day, eh?

Dammit, Pete! I want that saw. LOL Wish you weren't so far away.

And Jethro -- wonder what ol Buckin' Billy Ray would say about that knarly-ass stuff you're cutting after bein' so spoiled on those soft-ass Doug Fir telephone poles he has so much fun with. Must be nice cuttin' them all day, eh?

Yes that would be very nice cutting no limbs only twigs no knots at all. These nasty old trees every cut has big knots so ya cutting grains in every direction. It will be interesting to split when we get round to it. Now they have dirt on them too from being skided around a bit lol fun fun fun

Yes that would be very nice cutting no limbs only twigs no knots at all. These nasty old trees every cut has big knots so ya cutting grains in every direction. It will be interesting to split when we get round to it. Now they have dirt on them too from being skided around a bit lol fun fun fun

I get free slabs from a local lumber yard, it's nothing but knots,bark, and encrusted with red clay mud. Heats the house just fine though.
I used one new chain the fist year I cut them , that will never happen again, I stackem 5' high and ratchet the whole bundle then 20" mac 10-10 automatic plowing right down through the stack 5-15 slabs at a time. Its Carolina trees though, so they are all (soft woods) to me after growing up in Pennsylvania where even weeds are hardwood.

I get free slabs from a local lumber yard, it's nothing but knots,bark, and encrusted with red clay mud. Heats the house just fine though.
I used one new chain the fist year I cut them , that will never happen again, I stackem 5' high and ratchet the whole bundle then 20" mac 10-10 automatic plowing right down through the stack 5-15 slabs at a time. Its Carolina trees though, so they are all (soft woods) to me after growing up in Pennsylvania where even weeds are hardwood.

What ever keeps your house warm mate especially if it's free sounds like a good deal

Update on the likely 6-10. It got a major cleaning today. It appears to have an automatic oil pump. It has a set screw with locknut. I repaired the dsp valve. It was stuck in place and would not move. Lots of carbon buildup on it. The kill switch did not work either but now we are good. It has really good compression and turns over great. We have good spark as well. I did find a few stripped bolt holes, of which one holds the carb on. I do have parts coming for it to make it work right but they wont be here till next week. The cylinder and piaton look great through the intake and exhaust ports. Im excited to fire this one up next week when the parts show up. Im still working on the owner....i may end up with it yet.

Well the 6-10 is a runner. Very good at that. I was very surprised by it. Tons if compression. It broke the pull rope once. Hurts the hand too..lol. i dont have throttle or choke linkage so it was kinda tricky but i got it to run and idle. Pressing the throttle with my finger she really revs fast. Got a leaky tank gasket but thats not a big deal at this point. I rebuilt the carb. As well. It had a bad spot on the plug wire that was grounding to the frame. Fixed that also. What a nice little saw. It does have an auto oiler too. I bet it cuts great. Ill find out when i get the linkages, air filter/cover, adjustment extentions, bar and chain. Vinny

Back