McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well today a parcel showed up. Bitter sweet really. I had found a pm700 wrecking on trade me had no spark he said was like new compression and yeah it's like new compression indeed when I rang him he said do ya want the oil pump and decompression valve yup I said well it's not a 700 :( but it is a 10-10S and a very very nice piston n cylinder still has cross hatching in the bore so kinda happy ish sorta lol. I always hoped to get an S but yeah can't complain it was only 65 bucks. Not blaming him eather it had 700 on the filter cover and a decompression valve so I spose an easy mistake for a non mac person. Now to combine a few bits for a frankensaw hehe.View attachment 769803
Wish he had of gave it a blow down at least lol
View attachment 769804 thinking this old beast mite be a doner its spitting gas out the carb badly and I've got a 54cc already
View attachment 769805

You won't be disappointed in that 57cc saw ,the 10-10s is a stout saw , mine is equipped with a 18" bar and an 8 pin sprocket, it's like a light saber! Lots of ump!

You won't be disappointed in that 57cc saw ,the 10-10s is a stout saw , mine is equipped with a 18" bar and an 8 pin sprocket, it's like a light saber! Lots of ump!

Yeah I'm not real grumpy a about it. All of you say they go really well. Talked to the saw wrecker guy on the fone he says he thinks he has a few more 70cc Mac's hiding out the shed and will let me know.

Don't think I will send this back though it's done very little work.

Aww wow yup you have my interest definitely:) umm I only have 1 shaft that fits your saw but its inployed on my 800 however 1 way or another will sort a shaft out for it. I'll send ya an email now
I made a vid on your saw. I’ve got your email and will call you later on if you like.. spending the arvo playing on powerpony front end loader and chainsaws :)

This morning’s snag.
643792ae2a9ecae773d2705e81e0727a.jpg

PM700.

Runs, cuts and oils the chain. [emoji106]

Wiped off the dirt and found a very low hour saw. [emoji15]

Now if the PO would just locate the freakin clutch cover. [emoji90]

This morning’s snag.
643792ae2a9ecae773d2705e81e0727a.jpg

PM700.

Runs, cuts and oils the chain. [emoji106]

Wiped off the dirt and found a very low hour saw. [emoji15]

Now if the PO would just locate the freakin clutch cover. [emoji90]
Let me know if you can't get a clutch cover.

NorthEast Tennessee MAC Report

We returned to last Saturday's red oak. Recent rains have allowed the stump to sit back in its hole.
I took my PM700 after a nine year vacation. It ran good once Brian got the low sorted out by simply closing the choke at WOT a few times. The first time I have ever used a brush bow and the first time using any bow since my accident almost 40 years ago. I was a little timid at first but warmed up to it after figuring out that the chain brake was up to repeated use. Though not a fast saw, I doubt a modern 70cc saw would have anymore grunt than the 700 when the kerf starts to close as you push the bow through. May see some more action. I worn two pairs of gloves - pretty clumsy but the vibes didn't get me.
IMG_4752.JPG

My 800 taking a break. Brian with his 125.
IMG_4754.JPG

Brian letting his SP125C eat.
IMG_4750.JPG

Even the mighty 800 won't cut well in this condition.
IMG_4762.JPG

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

NorthEast Tennessee MAC Report

We returned to last Saturday's red oak. Recent rains have allowed the stump to sit back in its hole.
I took my PM700 after a nine year vacation. It ran good once Brian got the low sorted out by simply closing the chole at WOT a few times. The first time I have ever used a brush bow and the first time using any bow since my accident almost 40 years ago. I was a little timid at first but warmed up to it after figuring out that the chain brake was up to repeated use. Though not a fast saw, I doubt a modern 70cc saw would have anymore grunt than the 700 when the kerf starts to close as you push the bow through. May see some more action. I worn two pairs of gloves - pretty clumsy but the vibes didn't get me.
View attachment 770189

My 800 taking a break. Brian with his 125.
View attachment 770190

Brian letting his SP125C eat.
View attachment 770187

Even the mighty 800 won't cut well in this condition.
View attachment 770191

Ron

This valuable report is provided through the the generous support of MacNuts like you and Blind Squirrel Falling, one of America's greatest imaginary businesses.

Wahooo go the 700 Ron dont ya just love the noise of them hmmm

Boy, you are quick. You quoted my post before I could even correct a misspelled word.

They sound fine. For me that sound is to chainsaws as Harley is to motorcycles and a radial is to airplanes.

Ron

Haha yeah just happened to be on the fone.

Yes I spose to you it will be just a saw to us younger guys a saw sounds like a modern ummm zzzzzzz sound Haha

I wish I had an ear for tuning. Before Brian did his choke trick the saw would die as soon as you let off the trigger. Ron

Can ya hear it sort of thin sounding and when ya lift off the trigger it takes a while to slow down to an idle. Give her a bit of a turn out and see if it gets a little more thick fat throaty kind of sound to it.

If it gets a bit slow on acceleration then its getting a little to far

Another way you can tell if a little rich is when left sitting idling it will slowly load up and start to get slower and slower and then will be a bit slow to pick up and clear up once you pick it up.

I like to get them on the rich side and sneak it leaner untle it's nice and snappy and idles away nicely and a minute of idling later still does the same. No pooling up of fuel no clouds if smoke but still has that nice fat full sound to it

Back