McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love mine,incredible power for a 3.8cube/62cc saw.One of the main ones I reach for,handles most of my firewood & other duties.Will pull a 28" full chisel in hardwoods no problem but I keep a 20" on it pretty much all the time for better chain speed.Same displacement as the SP60 that's a couple years newer,minus the anti-vibe rubber mounts.My SP60 needs some carb/ignition work,I'll get to it one of these days hopefully.DSC03188.JPG
DSC03187.JPG

There are quite a few bars out there that are nicely labelled that are the wrong mount. All it takes are a bunch of bars and someone to silkscreen the logo / name on. D024 is very close to a large Husky mount D009.

Does it oil on your MACS?

Yeah it oils through the adjuster holes like normal

Anyone have an opinion on a PM60? 10 series version.

Desirable to me. LOL

Ran across this just yesterday. As mentioned, there's one near me I'd love to snag but it's a ways off and caish is a little tight right now for such things with Christmas coming up. But it is Black Friday, so....

Desirable to me. LOL

Ran across this just yesterday. As mentioned, there's one near me I'd love to snag but it's a ways off and caish is a little tight right now for such things with Christmas coming up. But it is Black Friday, so....

The 60cc seems sort of rare wonder if it was a price thing.

Pulled down the spare 700 block today and am pretty happy with it. Looks rough on the camera but feels very very nice not sure why it looks grotty. There is a slight little score below the exhaust port but nothing to worry about.20191130_091510.jpg
20191130_091626.jpg
Exhaust side of piston 20191130_091837.jpg
Intake side20191130_091847.jpg
Someone has been on here before and I wonder what the hell they were doing?
20191130_092031.jpg

So yeah not perfect but 40 US dollars was worth the gamble

Anyone have an opinion on a PM60? 10 series version.
I like mine quite a bit, it's definitely lighter than the pro mac 700. I have a 24" bar with full comp on it and it does very well , lots of bark!
I made 3 videos for Jethro a few pages back all the saws are running 8 pin rim sprockets including the pm60 with the 24" , I'll probably swap it back to 7 but the 8 barely phases it.

I like mine quite a bit, it's definitely lighter than the pro mac 700. I have a 24" bar with full comp on it and it does very well , lots of bark!
I made 3 videos for Jethro a few pages back all the saws are running 8 pin rim sprockets including the pm60 with the 24" , I'll probably swap it back to 7 but the 8 barely phases it.

This was a seasoned red oak log and I was trying the 8 pin out for the first time.

NorthEast Tennessee Saturday MAC Report

Deary day in North East Tennessee today. Lots of family stuff for me the past few days so no cutting for me. Believe Brian and Lee cut at the lot today. I hope they didn't get too wet.

I dug into the archives of Blind Squirrel Falling for some photos. Upfront apology to those who have seen them before now. These photos predate my acquaintance with Brian.

Playing in the FJ40 ten years ago.
emily 009.JPG

Sorry, I digress.

The beginning of my affection for the 82cc Ten Series. Cutting the root balls and limbing about a dozen of these large yard Maples. Sept. 2010
010.JPG

Loaded for the 2011 tornado. April 2011
IMG_2051.JPG IMG_2052.JPG
Two 125s, 60cc off brand and two 82cc.

Revisiting the Red Oak that almost killed me. Oct. 2011
IMG_2316.JPG
My favorite 125 and my favorite 800

Bucking a large Poplar with a 125. December 2011
IMG_2363.JPG IMG_2368.JPG

To Be Continued.

Ron

Back