McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I pulled the tank off there was a washer between the tank and the oiler my pro mac 60 didn't have a washer. Pretty sure I should put one in when reassembly what is its exact purpose?

All of the rigid mount tanks have that spacer. The IPL's actually call it a spacer. It obviously provides a degree of isolation between the tanks for whatever reason and also may serve to level the mating surfaces somewhat at the tank / intake assembly point of the cylinder.

I really need to shut down this laptop and start working on some saws. Been IPL obsessing way too much lately. I recently started drinking coffee again after about a three and a half year break from caffeine. Can easily waste a couple hours in the Mac IPL's after only a cup or two and not even realize it these days. Yeah, it's pretty bad. LOL

Too Much.jpg

All of the rigid mount tanks have that spacer. The IPL's actually call it a spacer. It obviously provides a degree of isolation between the tanks for whatever reason and also may serve to level the mating surfaces somewhat at the tank / intake assembly point of the cylinder.

I really need to shut down this laptop and start working on some saws. Been IPL obsessing way too much lately. I recently started drinking coffee again after about a three and a half year break from caffeine. Can easily waste a couple hours in the Mac IPL's after only a cup or two and not even realize it these days. Yeah, it's pretty bad. LOL

It's a powerful drug for sure.

I don't know if many of my saws have that washer some might but not all:crazy2:

I've been keeping busy getting saws cleaned up in preparation to move them to the museum, amazing how that consumes a day as well. I did make the mistake one day last week to open up my computer in the new place one morning...morning gone.

I went through some 70 cc cylinders I have on hand and will add a bit to the overall confusion. There are one or two that I have not been able to track down to a specific IPL so far, some others appear in IPL's and some came to me with the saw information which I will take as being correct.

63294 - 4-10 only (70 cc with no compression release, points ignition, flush exhaust flange, no impulse nipple, three screw oil pump). If I remember correctly the bore was 1.999".

632942.jpg

632943.jpg

632945.jpg

632944.jpg

20200217_084628.jpg

20200217_084636.jpg

Mark

66560 says it fits a 5-10G and I believe I saw that number in a paper IPL but I don't have an electronic copy on this computer.

70 cc with pop up compression release, points ignition, flush exhaust flange, no impulse nipple. I believe the coil mount was transitional in anticipation of the later electronic ignition modules.

665601.jpg

665602.jpg

665603.jpg

665604.jpg

665605.jpg

I did not take any photos of the transfers but they look like the other chrome bore with two ports, a divider and a sort of open bottom.

Mark

Just went and cut up some very old dry hard stringy nasty eucalyptus with the 850 this time I pulled out the reed and yup seems to have a little more pull now. Got the Oregon chain a bit better now it seems to be coming right as its getting down and raker adjustment.

Now the important test...

The Av is perfect absolutely perfect works like a charm really happy with it. If any of you end up in the same boat don't be afraid to try it. I used some soft rubber we had lying about from a silage wagon repair it was 3mm thick I've just found some 5mm stuff I might try and I know I have a thick 15mm block of rubber somewhere but yeah bla bla. Any industrial rubber should work and a couple of 4mm machine screws and nuts.

Cut the rubber so it fills up the gap from oil tank to the fuel tank bottom and it helps stop it turning about.

It feels really nice.

Save your money and DIY

Just went and cut up some very old dry hard stringy nasty eucalyptus with the 850 this time I pulled out the reed and yup seems to have a little more pull now. Got the Oregon chain a bit better now it seems to be coming right as its getting down and raker adjustment.

Now the important test...

The Av is perfect absolutely perfect works like a charm really happy with it. If any of you end up in the same boat don't be afraid to try it. I used some soft rubber we had lying about from a silage wagon repair it was 3mm thick I've just found some 5mm stuff I might try and I know I have a thick 15mm block of rubber somewhere but yeah bla bla. Any industrial rubber should work and a couple of 4mm machine screws and nuts.

Cut the rubber so it fills up the gap from oil tank to the fuel tank bottom and it helps stop it turning about.

It feels really nice.

Save your money and DIY
Still cold and snowing here in Northern Michigan maybe springtime can cut some wood

A pot a day keeps the clowns at bay!

87185 SP70 I believe...pop up compression release, points ignition, 1 screw oil pump, impulse nipple, recessed exhaust flange

View attachment 799208

View attachment 799209

View attachment 799210

View attachment 799211

View attachment 799212

View attachment 799213

View attachment 799214

Chrome bore, 1.998" if I recall...

Mark
The oil tank is wrong for the sp70. That tank has the handle bar mount for the rigid style, not the lower front, single bolt, av mount of the sp saws.

Latest posts

Back