McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just an update, Mrs. is still in the hospital but is becoming increasingly cantankerous each day. That is a good sign. She should be able to come home Tuesday or Wednesday, until then I will keep cleaning areas of the house and figure on sticking close for the next week or two until she regains strength.

Mark

Once again Vinny has come through for me.I bought a 7-10 2 yrs.ago & I called it the 7-10 from hell.I put new points & condenser in it & a different coil as the original coil was dead & had a frayed plug wire.I also rebuilt the carb & yet I couldn't get the saw to fire.I guess I had a plug in it that wasn't hot enough,so Vinny put one in from his saw & my saw fired up,but wasn't running right.He ended up replacing the FW seal & presto - he had himself a nice running 7-10! My thanks go out to Vinny once again & congratulate him on a job well done!

Once again Vinny has come through for me.I bought a 7-10 2 yrs.ago & I called it the 7-10 from hell.I put new points & condenser in it & a different coil as the original coil was dead & had a frayed plug wire.I also rebuilt the carb & yet I couldn't get the saw to fire.I guess I had a plug in it that wasn't hot enough,so Vinny put one in from his saw & my saw fired up,but wasn't running right.He ended up replacing the FW seal & presto - he had himself a nice running 7-10! My thanks go out to Vinny once again & congratulate him on a job well done!
Was that you who just got an SP81 Ed?

Youre welcome ed!!

HAHA Cotton Eye Joe
That's funny. 'Bout 7 different versions of that tune and I have all of em. (Was in the music business in a former life.) Only differences are different players dropping in for a solo or some hollerin' or whatever and a couple longer dance mix variations -- like it needed to be any longer. LOL They all get a little old after about the 3rd verse, but one version has a particularly outstanding harp solo that makes it worthwhile. Matter of fact, think I'll give it a listen!:dancing:
Sorry for the sidebar, gang. As you were.

Ive picked up a cp55 and have a question for anyone. Did the cp55/70 have a sawdust guard behind the clutch like the sp saws? Im getting it back together and noticed there wasnt one and thought id find out before goung much further. I do not have an ipl for this model. This is the most corroded saw ive gotten. Very badly corroded. Not beyond repair yet but its yucky. The fuel tank took the brunt of it. Oil tank inside and out. Lower handle , basically everywhere but the air filter cover. Ive got it cleaned up as best i can. Ended up with a bad engine and used a donor 10-10 engine. So far its turning out very good. Ive got really good compression and spark. Great piston and bearings. Good seals. Its the outside thats rough. Pretty neat and uncommon saw. Antivibe 54cc mcculloch. Ill post some photos when im done tuesday or wednesday next week. Thanks for any answers in advance. Vinny
I know you said you got an ipl for the cp55. My cp70 ipl shows no dust guard like on the sp saws. Same for cp55?20210222_211803.jpg

I saw this on craigslist near me and figured you guys would appreciate it. @heimannm, if this would go well in your museum, pm me and I'll see what I can do.
00U0U_wjJYzuHMjuz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg
01010_1oWXpHYkDuLz_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

There is a sawdust guard in the ipl for the cp55. Its not like that of the sp models. It is bolted to the top of the starter cover. Screenshot_20210223-155833_eBay.jpg
But im not wilking to pay $22.00 total for it. I made a sp model cover fit on it. Im picking the kids up from the bus but then im gonna put fuel in it and start it up this evening. Ive spent the better part of today putting it together. Im not done yet but close. Thanks though for the info.

I had a bit of a problem with the DSP valve on the 7-10 sticking open.I pulled it out & just worked it a bit & blew through the holes in the nut to clean out any carbon build up,put it back in & it fired right up & seems to be working now.

Vinny,you were right about not using the choke to start it.If I use the choke it wants to flood.I found it startsd much better too with the plug wire attached to the plug,Lol. I forgot to put it back on after I was done with the DSP.

Back