McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the last gear drive rim adapter to test out on the g70 tonight. Man that is a tight fit. But its in there. Ill be running it this weekend. This one is not hardened any. Just machined it and said test it out. Now this is also not just mild steel round stock. It is something a bit harder. Im not a metal guy so i dont know exactly what it is, sorry. But i do know its not mild steel. Ill let everyone know saturday how it performed. I dont expect any issues.

The 10-10 was " locked up". Rope wouldn't budge at all. I took the starter off and reversed it and it was free but stopped again before hitting the top of the stroke. My first thought was too long of a plug so I took it out and found this! Never thought I'd be saying I was thankful for mud daubers but they got me this saw cheap!IMG_20230223_200852352.jpg

The 10-10 was " locked up". Rope wouldn't budge at all. I took the starter off and reversed it and it was free but stopped again before hitting the top of the stroke. My first thought was too long of a plug so I took it out and found this! Never thought I'd be saying I was thankful for mud daubers but they got me this saw cheap!View attachment 1060488
Yeah,probably got in through the exhaust, I've kept my saws in tool boxes in the woodshed since I've seen this before.

I have a mini mac 1 question for those with more experience. The clutch? Is there another clutch that will fit this little fart? This was a freebie saw. Sat in a shed for 30yrs. Damn thing fired on prime so i had to get it running due to ocd. Well it actually runs very well. Piston looks great but the chain wont stop. The clutch off a 110 or eb2.0 do not fit. I dont have a part number either. Any help on a clutch or new clutch spring or advice on what to look at would be appreciated. Vinny

Latest posts

Back