McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, there is a reason for you to have all of those big saws... :) Apparently, this is it.

If I can remember this right, while visiting an old Mac dealer in MN they told me about back in the 80's they had to use their 12-25 or 99 2-man w/4' or 5' bar to cut up some big trees for the city after a storm because the Mac dealer were the only ones in town with saws big enough to cut up the trees.

If I can remember this right, while visiting an old Mac dealer in MN they told me about back in the 80's they had to use their 12-25 or 99 2-man w/4' or 5' bar to cut up some big trees for the city after a storm because the Mac dealer were the only ones in town with saws big enough to cut up the trees.

:) Well, that tells you them Stihl dealers forgot to order Contras and Contra Lightening S saws... idiots... :D

I bet that dealer and the employees got some free beer for taking care of some monster trees. :)

Ron, glad to hear you and your family are all safe. we all hope tomarrow goes well. You are a testimonial to what good neighbors are all about.

Mark, glad to see the brochure got to you. It was a hand-me-down from my dad. I wanted to gift it to someone who could, maybe display it for others to see.

Well i picked up PM700#1 today,I bought this as a non runner,

attachment.php

After checking the air filter

attachment.php

Then the Air box,

attachment.php

Well i can see this hasn't been well looked after at all...

I cleaned less dirt/muck off the whole of PM700#2 than there was in #1's airbox.

It Has week spark, pulled the starter/flywheel covers off, all the engine fins,coil and surrounding was packed full of saw dust.
Thought id clean it up and try to start it again.
Snapped a coil wire,bugger>couldn't be a##ed soldering it back on.
So changed plans, swap fuel lines over.
700 #2 leaks out of the hole between A/B and tank.
Stripped them both out...
Found that One (Off #2)has a 10.15mm .399" size bung thing(name slips my tongue at the mo)on the fuel line it looks new as does the filter

the other (off #1) is 10.61mm .420"H'mm no wonder one leaks.

Swap the them over.
Sweet no leak out of the hole in PM#2.
Except where i managed to tear the line where it fits on the carb.F#$k.
Swap it back over again with a dab of sealer and call it quits for the night.

If it works i can put on the 24" B/C from #1 at least that cleaned up alright and cut some wood tomorrow.............

Off to search flebay for fuel lines,airfilters and carb kits.
Edit, found on flebay theres different grommet sizes on some Mac fuel lines.....that'd be why one leaks,well they both do now with me puttin a hole in it.

View attachment 182015View attachment 182016View attachment 182017View attachment 182018

Last edited:
I Should also ask what are the base carb settings for the 700?

On Mine as it came to me its currently,
High, 1/2 turn out.
Low, 2 1/2 turns out..

Thanks...

I Should also ask what are the base carb settings for the 700?

On Mine as it came to me its currently,
High, 1/2 turn out.
Low, 2 1/2 turns out..

Thanks...

Usually 1 turn each, but stranger things have happened with older carbs. If the low is at 2 1/2 turns, the fuel pump and metering diaphragm are probably getting tired. 1/2 turn on the H jet is probably too lean, but you should take out the H screw to see if the tip is damaged.

Good to here you made it through ok Ron!! Hope the Macs serve well in the clean up( and I am sure they will). I think I would rather deal with the hurricanes then those tornadoes. Be careful with all those tangled up trees, wood will probably be full of all kinds of debris.

Nalac, both low and high, start with 1 to 1 1/4 turns out. I'd get that airbox super clean befor going any further. Does that saw #2 have any compression? It must have ingested a ton of dust. Good freak'n luck with your saw #2. That one's been abused.:rock:

Users Manual for a McCulloch Eager Beaver?

Does anyone have access to a downloadable user's manual for a McCulloch Eager Beaver 3.7?
Thanks
Bob

Someone help the man above... while I rant about how my mom set the 790 cylinder on the floor... :angry: Thankfully, the cylinder is unharmed, but it DOES NOT belong on the floor!!!! :bang: :angry:

Stupid. Just stupid and disrespectful to part of a tool that brought giant trees down to supply comfy furniture... and she decides the little countertop next to the stove is not an out of the way place to put a 790 cylinder awaiting further cleaning. So she sets it on the ####ing floor. :angry2:

Be calm young man. The women and ladies in our lives do not know the pleasure and satisfaction men achieve by assembling small inantimate objects into LOUD, FIREBREATHING, WOOD EATING, MONSTROUS MACHINES!!!!!

Be glad that your jug is not freshly machined and spotless cleaned and then placed upon said floor. THAT would be criminal.

Be calm young man. The women and ladies in our lives do not know the pleasure and satisfaction men achieve by assembling small inantimate objects into LOUD, FIREBREATHING, WOOD EATING, MONSTROUS MACHINES!!!!!

Be glad that your jug is not freshly machined and spotless cleaned and then placed upon said floor. THAT would be criminal.

Yeah, it's a good thing it was still protected by a thin film of sawdust/grease... If it were... there would be a lot of flame coming out of my eyeballs...

I really hope my future girlfriend/wife is one that understands my love for stuff like this. A match like that is not likely, but still possible.

Someone help the man above... while I rant about how my mom set the 790 cylinder on the floor... :angry: Thankfully, the cylinder is unharmed, but it DOES NOT belong on the floor!!!! :bang: :angry:

Stupid. Just stupid and disrespectful to part of a tool that brought giant trees down to supply comfy furniture... and she decides the little countertop next to the stove is not an out of the way place to put a 790 cylinder awaiting further cleaning. So she sets it on the ####ing floor. :angry2:

Huh? What is the matter with you?

Chris B.

I just cant decide what to do here

should we call Dr phil or Ophra :laugh:

Lee and Randy have far more patience and tact than I do...

Now, just curious on something... no one has any parts to 'gift'* me for the 790? :msp_confused:

*hit me with a pm of your price(s)...

I have to buy all my parts.

Lee

Dangit,

Lee beat me to it. You've gotten quite a few freebees here lately. Both saws and parts. You've already asked a few times in here for the same 790 parts. Get some on yer own...

Time for your own place youngster.

Dangit,

This time Randy beat me to it.......except I would have said "Time for your own place you ungrateful youngster". Do NOT call your dear mother STUPID and DISRESPECTFUL here just because she didn't put up with you leaving your dirty saw part (and I have two 790s in my garage.......so I know what you have) on her kitchen counter.

I don't even want to THINK what would have happened to me if I'd have done that..............then had the nerve to throw a fit when my Mom moved the jug. My Mom was very understanding of such things (I rebuilt an 031AV in the living room when I was 11).............but there WERE boundaries that I didn't EVER cross. After Mom was through with me.........Dad would have taken me out back for a talk, then would have scrapped the whole saw. Remember that it's a week from Mother's Day too...

Huh? What is the matter with you?

Chris B.

Yep. I agree 100% Chris. Out here we have an accronym for that condition.

Y, D, and F. O. C.

The first two letters stand for Young and Dumb. I'll leave it for you to figure out what the rest means. If the youngster figures it out (or googles it)......................then I PRAY he has the sense to NOT post the last bits in this thread...

Now where is that "Revoked" image Randy posted earlier. The youngster will be my second "ignore" here. This is the last straw, after the way he behaved in his own "Craftsman 3.7 Bar" thread....

Kids are different these days. The boy tests our patience and taxes our fortitude. I'm hoping the virtues of our collective maturity will rub off and the little bastard learns to fly right. I'm not ready to toss him under the train, yet.

Latest posts

Back